Fallen

The day Clarke comes back from her lonely trip is the best and worst day of Bellamy's life to this point. He had seen a blonde figure coming towards the camp and left his duties behind for the moment. She saw him and smiled weakly then she fell and Bellamy ran.

Clarke had lost her balance because she had not eaten in days, was severely dehydrated, and in all honesty, she had not slept in almost 48 hours. The nightmares were absolutely horrible and she knew of only one cure. Bellamy Blake.

When she woke a day later she felt fingers intertwined with her's and someone's thumb rubbing across her knuckles. A deep gruff voice was speaking. She tries to sit up and it startled Bellamy from the book he had been reading. He helped her sit up carefully, dropping the book he had been reading to the ground. Clarke can barely see with the harsh lights in the empty room. "Hey Princess." Bellamy says and he is still holding her hand. He holds the hand tighter as if to make sure she does not move or to make sure she was real.

Clarke only knew that feeling in her hand for the ten minutes they just look at each other as Clarke tries to think of what to say. She smiles small, "Hi, Bell." She laughs at his surprise with the nickname passing her lips, but in all honesty, that's as much as she could say at the moment with her sore throat.

"That's new." He comments and also runs his knuckles across her cheek where a cut has been patched up most likely by her mother. When he notices the way she flinches slightly at his movements, his face is even more concerned. "Did I hurt you? I'm sorry." He starts to pull his hand away from her's and she squeezes his fingers. "Clarke?" He questions.

"I'm sorry I left you here with them to take care of and I didn't think about how that would affect you and everyone else... I was so selfish and I'm so sorry..." Clarke felt her tears falling down her face and knew that Bellamy would begin to comfort her and she could not allow that.

Bellamy reached up and cupped her cheek with his hand. "I get it Clarke."

"But you shouldn't! You should be angry with me no- you shouldn't even want to see me..." Clarke releases Bellamy's hand  and pushes his hand away as well as she can without causing pain to herself. "I-I-please go." Clarke looked at her hands as she heard Bellamy stand and pick up his book.

Without warning, Bellamy leans over and kisses the top of her head and whispers, "I missed you, princess. I don't blame you anymore." He leaves her there. Tears and shock written all over her face.

Hours later, Clarke tries to stand on her own after eating and drinking something. When she does, she stumbles and falls on the floor and groans in frustration.  While she is on the ground trying to think how she will stand, she finds a journal type book on the ground. She recognizes the handwriting almost instantaneously. It's Bellamy's journal. She opens to a random page out of curiosity.

Clarke is still gone. I'm beginning to wonder if she'll ever come home. I don't know what her home is, but I hope she finds out. I miss her.

Clarke flips back a few pages to a hastily written page:

She's gone. I hate her and she's not even here for me to yell at. I hate her.

She flips to one of the newest entries:

I love her. She's laying in the med tent and all I can think of is how beautiful she looks even with her sunken face and cuts and bruises. I can't stop looking at her. Whoever put the cut on her face (if it was a person) I will ring their neck. I just want her to wake up and shine those bright blue eyes at me. I want to see her smile that has been gone for so long.