Chapter Twelve

"Way to step it up Soundwave," Knockout chimed as he walked into the bridge, Megatron acknowledging him as Renari idled behind him holding his servo,"lets just hope this relic is something less sacred and more profane. Like an electro disruptor cannon, we could use one of those." He felt a sharp pain in his aft from Re's tail smacking him due to his over cockiness.

"Indeed Knockout. Dreadwing report to the bridge immediately." Megatron ordered not paying too much heed to the two, Soundwave gave a glance back and saw them holding servos. He held a brief death glare under his visor, he knew that he had a son in law now. He just wasn't too overjoyed about it, he gritted his metal mouth plates until they were on the verge of cracking then turned back around feeling bitter.

"Wait, Lord Megatron allow me the honor to retrieve the relic for you." He said not lacking his usual vanity.

"You would risk your finish so soon after your accident," Knockout made a cringe and bowed his head letting his servo drop down to his side."None the less I still do not think you are the best one for this task since you failed to secure the phase shifter."

He made a frustrated vent barely audible to Renari then looked up to him,"I lacked the proper tools, but since Soundwave is currently occupied I can't imagine that he'll mind if I borrow this,"He said bringing up the resonance blaster in his other servo."So I might better secure your prize and heap some hurt on the Autobots."

"I'll be there too my Leige." Renari said happily.

"Very well, do not fail me again or the consequences will be dire for you Knockout, Renari you on the other hand shall be warned since you have proven more then useful over the period of time you've been with us." Megatron then waved a dismissive servo and the ground bridge was activated.

***************

They had bridged behind a rock with the relic on it like a pedestal when another bridge showed up, the Autobots. Knockout strolled out on cue of a blue femmes voice,"Just the Autobots I wanted to see." He smoldered as Renari strode a bit behind him,"Let me handle this babe." He said smirking back to her.

"Alright hotshot." She said rolling her eyes playfully and leaning up against the rock.

"I'll take the mad doctor, you get the relic." The femme muttered, then Knockout unleashed the resonance blaster on them before they could spring into action,"I've been waiting to thank you for all the memories." he hissed as he shot the femme to the opposite side of the cove as he pinned the yellow and black mech to a sandstone ledge with it.

"Who knew sound-waves were such a Knockout?" He asked turning his attention to the femme and pinning her to the opposite side again. Re was picking at her servos to busily to notice Knockouts cheesy pun to the femme as she screamed to her companion to get the relic. Re shot her attention up as the resonance blaster turned off both Autobots were making a chase for the key. She then growled deeply and charged the yellow mech transforming into her leopard form, tuning her sensitivity down on her receptors and vital stats Knockout then proceeded to blast the ground making another quip, she mentally rolled her eyes. 'He is so puny.' She thought to herself as she clamped down on the mechs arm impacting with the blast perfectly, she kept her hold for a minute then let him fly to the sandstone getting burried. Knockout gave her a com signal to get back to the ground bridge, which she did leisurely as the waves died down transforming back to normal.

She was about to go through the bridge when she was pulled back into a death grip from the yellow mech,"KNOCKOUT!!!!" She yelled throwing her arm out to the dissipating ground-bridge, the last thing she saw of him was his face of despair as he tried to run back and get her but the bridge closed too late.