Prologue

New South Wales, Australia.

    He hated kids. God, how he hated them. His nephews were a thorn in his sight. His little brother was a pain in the ass and the Kids at his school where he taught made him question himself. What in heaven's name was he thinking when he got the job? How did the thought of teaching in front of a bunch of teenagers who would rather jump off a building than listen to him, encourage him to get the job?

     Stuart Jacobi couldn't even begin to answer the questions that ran through his mind as he laid on the floor of his class room and stared at the ceiling. Slowly, yet quietly dying. His body couldn't move and he could already sense his consciousness slipping away.

     He probably would have been back up on his feet if his flimsy students didn't steal his bottle of honey because they got a bloody F on their tests.

~::~

Montreal, Quebec.

     Running down the hall, he made a mental note to sign the contract the higher ups had presented to him. He couldn't wait to start working on their new discovery. He felt like it would give his life meaning again.

     It's been over a year since Mary, his wife, had died. There was no day he hadn't mourned her death. It was a painful accident. The crash. It had killed her and his yet to be born child. Leon Holmes had not just been depressed, but had actually thought of ending himself. Because just like that his family was gone and he was alone again.

     He skidded to a stop when he noticed one of the faculty's research labs opened. Normally he would just ignore it because there were tons of labs in the establishment, but this one was weird. It had always been locked since the first day he stepped foot into the building. And they said it was the most used lab in the building.

     Curious, Leon walked slowly towards it and frowned when nothing came out to surprise him. Frowning further, he noticed the lab was just like his. Table tops filled with flasks, pipettes, and burettes. Chemical experiments ranging from AH1 to AH5 in a test tube holder. Leon skimmed through the notes left on the desk and gasped when he saw the photo of someone's eyes.

    It was beautiful. Rich green with flakes of gold in them. It was clearly one of the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. Mary's hazel was the best, constantly shifting colours with light, but this too was breathtaking.

    Leon was too consumed in those eyes to have noticed the door he had walked through was locked from the outside. It was when he started to perceive a familiar gas he realized he was locked inside. The smell of Carbon IV oxide filled the room, leaving him choking and gasping for air. He slammed on the door, banging it and hoping someone came for him.

     He didn't know how long he had been there, but for some odd reason, he felt relaxed. Maybe it was the fact that he was soon going to meet Mary and his little son.

~::~

Moscow, Russia.

     "Why don't you, I don't know, settle down? You are almost thirty and I still haven't gotten my grandchild." May, Vladimir's grandma managed to say from where she laid, in a hospital bed, staring up at him.

     Vladimir Allister cringed. Just the thought of a family sent a cold chill up his spine and he shivered visibly, making his ma frown at him. The need to correct her about his kids being her great grand kids only seemed unnecessary.

"Ma, zis is why I don't like coming here. You are always telling me zis. I like my single life, ma."

    Actually, he hated it, but he wasn't going to be telling his ma that. She'll just use that as an opportunity to jump out of the bed and follow him home. Which would just make her go back into coma because of the mess he had made.