41 : Stone Cold

Chapter 41 : Stone Cold

"Maybe if I don't cry, I won't feel anymore" - Demi Lovato

►Ella

I did all I could to pass the time. The only thing to do was attempt to do some homework, but with every attempt my mind would wander. Different scenarios would play in my head about all the embarrassing things that could happen tonight. That wasn't the only thing though - I was going to see Harry. Each time that thought struck me, a wave of excitement would enter my body. But as quick as it was to appear, it was just as quick to disappear.

I was expecting nothing to happen at this red carpet premiere with the boys. I didn't really fully understand what I was getting excited about. Harry and I haven't really spoken in days. All it's been is awkward tension, so why would things be any different tonight? It was a red carpet premiere, an event where lots of paparazzi and press were bound to be. None of us would have any privacy.

I sighed, readjusting myself on my bed. I leaned back, rested myself against the wall at the edge of my bed and pressed my anthropology book against my lap. I began to read, but was interrupted at the sound of keys clashing together at the door. For the third time that afternoon, Summer came waltzing in with the same giddy smile she wore each time she left the room. The only thing different this time was a pink polka dotted paper bag in hand. Did she go shopping without me?

After closing the door, she turned around to where she was facing me and our eyes met. She froze in place and her smile grew wider, if that was possible. Her eyes twinkled in excitement. "You are going to be the hottest girl at the premiere tonight!"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Every dress I have in my closet it plain and-"

Summer waved her hand quickly to shut me up. She made her way into the room and tossed her keys onto her desk before placing the paper bag in the middle of the floor. Within a few seconds, she made her way back to it and ushered me over. "Trust me, I know."

I didn't know whether to be offended or not. Was that her way of saying I had bad taste in clothing? I groaned internally, not knowing what to feel as I shut my book closed and tossed my blanket off me. I was immediately greeted by the coldness of the room, but ignored it as I placed myself few feet away from Summer.

Without even hesitating she quickly revealed to me the contents of the bag and my mouth flew open in shock. A beautiful, red dress was placed into my hands. I gasped at the feel of the texture of the dress and brought it close to my chest while I looked at Summer. I met her gaze and she looked pleased at my reaction.

"I knew you'd like it."

I scoffed. "Like it? God, I love it. How did you pay for this?" Suddenly a million questions roamed through my mind, the money part just being one of many. I wondered what she'd been up to all day and now I had some sort of idea.

"Never mind that. It's time to get ready," she demanded, ushering me into the bathroom. I was prepared to ask her another question, but once she shoved me into the bathroom she closed the door quickly. I stood there for a moment staring at the dress in my hand. I couldn't help but smile. I was excited once again for tonight and this time I did not allow my thoughts to make me feel any different.

The next half hour was spent by the both of us running around the room in search of shoes and jewelry to match what we were wearing. It was stressful, to say the least. On top of that we did everything in our power to not mess up our hairs. I slipped on the black heels I found in my closet and trailed behind Summer to the bathroom with my jewelry in hand. When I looked in the mirror I was once again pleased with the makeup job Summer performed. If she hadn't been here, I'd be in bed sobbing about what to wear and how to do my makeup.