Chapter 12: New

Little pick of someone that's gonna pop up later, you'll understand 👆🏼👆🏼

I'm dedicating this chapter to @Wmiller2801 they literally made my day with their comments 💗

Emily's P.O.V

It's finally Friday. This week has past by like a snail except uglier than a snail, more like a slug. Hayes and I have been talking like normal but I can tell the tension between us has changed. I know I like him but I'm just worried that he won't like me back.

"Cameron" I shout at him from downstairs.

"What!" He replies in his groggy morning voice

"Hurry your ass up or else we'll be late for school"

"Bloody hell woman calm down I'm coming" Cameron says whilst walking down the stairs.

Seriously he's worse than me.

*
"Bye, see ya after school" I wave at Cameron after dropping us of at school.

"Oh Yh I forgot to tell you cause mum and dad are away Aaron and I are having a party" he says in a monotone voice " your free to invite some of your friends and stuff so Yh, bye!"

"Oh ok thanks" I say sarcastically " thanks for the warning that your having a 'party'"

I mentally roll my eyes at him and walk of to meet my friends at our regular spot in the mornings.

I grudge over still getting over the fact that tonight will not be the early night I was hoping for when I spot Hayes. Not just Hayes. Hayes with Jodi.

Seeing them together creates a weird knot in my stomach, seeing her twirl her perfectly combed hair just makes it worse.

Slowly I head over catching Tilly from the corner of my eye giving her a small wave, Hayes doesn't see me but Jodi does and I swear she got closer to him.

Hayes still hasn't noticed me so I purposely do a little cough keeping my eyes glued to the floor.

"Oh Emily I didn't see you there" he whispers awkwardly.

"Yh" I laugh not really finding it funny "I could see that"

"Well" Jodi interrupts "I'll leave you to it"

I don't look at her or at Hayes, my eyes are still fixed on the ground,

"I'll see you later" she whispers to Hayes rather loudly so that I can hear then walks of her heels clicking along the floor as she strides away.

If bitches could fly this school would be an airport.

"Seems like you were having a nice 'chat' there" I exaggerate the chat part.

"Yh I don't think she's got the message yet that I don't like her anymore" he awkwardly laughs.

"You think ?" I reply 100% certain she has not got the message.

"Anyway" I break the akwardness " Cameron is having a party at mine tonight, your welcome to come"

"Will you be there?" He asks

"Well yes, that's a bit of a stupid question. It is my house" I laugh

"Then so will I" Hayes smiles making me smile in return.

"I guess I'll see you later then" he winks at me and walks away to his lesson.

I just don't think he's realised we have the same lesson next.

Before period 1 I alert Tilly, Livvy and the others about the party which luckily ,with such short notice, they can come to.

It's finally the end of the day which wasn't so bad as I thought to be honest (apart from the fact that i literally got tonnes of homework) Cameron's still giving me a ride home tonight or else I literally have no way of getting back.

I quickly run to my locker, or else Cam with leave without me, to grab out some of my books I need to take home for work. I slam my locker shut but get the biggest surprise of my life.

I guy I've never seen before is staring right back at my from behind my locker.

"OH MY GOD" I scream still not over the shock I literally just went through.

"I'm sorry ,I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you it's just that my locker is below yours" he mutters blushing slightly.

"Are you sure cause I'm pretty sure I've never seen you before" I point at him twirling my finger round in circles.

"Yh I'm new starting next week but the head let me put stuff in my locker ready for next week"

"Wow the heads actually being nice" I laugh as he joins in

"Well she was nice for letting me in this school in the first place" he breaks the laughter

"Right.. Well I'm Emily by the way" I reach out my hand for him to shake it.

"Oh I'm Robert ,but don't you dare call me that" he smiles " just call me Ryder, everyone does" he reaches out his hand to shake back,

" So 'Ryder' where you from?" I question suddenly curious.

"I'm from America actually, moved to Britain when I was 15. What about you 'Emszter' " he slides his hands into his jeans pockets which not gonna lie makes him even hotter than he already is.

"Seriously" I snuffle out a laugh" that is the worst name you could come up with and I'm from England, Bucks"

" what can I say it's one if my many talents, creating nicknames" he glides his hand through his brown perfectly combed hair.

What talents I'd he referring to? I think you know

" Well my brothers actually having a party at mine tonight, a few of my friends and stuff are coming, your welcome to come if you want" I ask him kinda wanting him to come.

"Hmmmmm I guess I could fit it in with my schedule, you know I just have so many girlfriends to see" he jokes

" course you do, see you later 'Ryder'" I start to jog to the car parking lot to check if Cameron's gone yet when Ryder grabs my arm.

When he touches me a wave of heat pulses through me but he pulls his hand away slightly after going red stage same moment.

" um can I have your number, you know so that I can get your address " he asks not fully making eye contact with.

" oh yh sorry" I type my number into his iPhone 6s " for my address" I wink at him. Only then does he look up and I see his eyes, one green one blue. He's one of a kind.

Luckily Cameron was still there when I got to the parking lot, with a couple of grounds from Cameron we head home and get ready for this hell of a party that it's gonna be.