THREE | The Boy In Trouble

A/N: just a short chapter for all you little shits who were annoying me. I didn't proof-read so sorry for any mistakes.

Kellin's P.O.V

I followed the lady down the middle of the open entrance hall. Straight ahead was a large wall that ended the foyer; there was a small staircase in the middle of the wall. If you were to go up those few steps, they would continue to your right and your left. It's looks like the stairs would lead up to, what looked like a balcony that looked over the entrance hall. The ceiling seemed to go on forever, with endless unnecessary details painted and engraved into the pretentious design.

I might've appreciated the interior of this place a little more if I wasn't being forced against my will to come here. I walked a little slower than the lady in charge, just trying to put this off as long as possible. I was in the middle of the room, to the left and right of me, there were two openings, both leading to what looked like large rooms. For what, I don't know.

I was straying towards the left side of the room. Once I was passed the opening that led to the other room, there was a door. It had a window on it, and I'm guessing it was an office of some sort because that's what it reminded me of... and because there was a nameplate on the door that said 'Main Office'.

I tried to walk passed it to catch up with the lady, what was her name again? I didn't care, but she was already starting up the stairs and I was about to as well, but as my curious side took over, I nosily peeked into the office through the window. I tried to walk passed it, I really did but...

Something caught my eye... Someone, rather.

It's like time suddenly slowed down and the boy in the office had my full and undivided attention. He sat in a chair across from a desk. On the other side of the desk, there's a man, older, but not old. Early forties, maybe- I didn't care, he's not the one my eyes were glued to. Time was still slowing down, I could feel my legs trying to walk past the window, but I just wasn't moving. Even he seemed to be moving in slow motion as he looked up towards the other side of the desk. Slowly, he shook his head in response to whatever the man had said.

His hair was longer, like mine. It fell in a chocolate brown, wavy mop, just as messily above his shoulders, like he had rolled out of bed five seconds ago. His eyes, though, did not look like he had just rolled out of bed. The complete opposite actually. He had dark circles underneath, sleepy bags resting on top of hollow cheeks. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. He yawned, then leaned back into his chair, shaking his head again and throwing his hood up. He tugged at his jacket sleeves, playing with them; maybe he was distracting himself. Maybe he was ignoring the man behind the desk.

I had a feeling he was getting into trouble, and I also had a feeling he didn't give a shit. He looked like he was about to fall asleep. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes and nodding slowly. Was he really moving slowly, or was time still getting slower?

I couldn't tell. All I knew, was that for some reason, he still had my attention. But all at once, my heart jumped in it's place in my chest, because suddenly... I now had his.

I tried to hide my surprise, but with my wide eyes, I knew he could see that I had been caught off guard. I didn't expect him to turn around. I didn't expect him to see me. I certainly didn't expect him to hold his stone-cold gaze on mine. After a millisecond of glaring at me, his expression quickly softened and the muscles in my face relaxed. Although my heart-rate sped up, because now, he was completely expressionless. He just stared back at me through that little window. I suddenly felt an eerie chill run down my spine as he, very slowly, cocked his head to the side, not blinking, not even once. I never thought it was possible to convey absolutely no emotion whatsoever. Everyone is always showing something, even if they're trying to hide it, you can usually see it behind their eyes. Nobody is just blank. So I thought.