Chapter One

Chapter One

Vic’s POV

I sighed as I walked into my homeroom for this year. It was my senior year, and I really didn’t want to be here.

But then again, that just means that I won’t be in this hell for much longer.

I sighed as I sat down in my normal spot in the back. Half of the first semester had passed already, so we had six or so months left..

"Okay, class, we have a new student," Mrs.what’s-her-name said. I raised my brows. Who could it be?

A boy that seemed a little bit taller than me walked in. He had thick black hair and greenish-blueish eyes. He was wearing black skinny jeans, TOMs, and a band T-shirt with a jacket. He looked a little too young to be in his senior year, though.

"This is Kellin Bostwick," the teacher announced proudly as if she were his mother and he had just won the spelling bee or something. "Take your hood off, please Mr.Bostwick."

"Just Kellin Quinn," he mumbled, pulling his hood down. "Okay, well, you’ll be sitting next to Mr. Fuentes in this class. Please raise your hand, Vic."

I raised a brow but slowly stuck my hand up anyway. "He will be showing you around, also." Both of my brows went up. This bitch didn’t even ask me if I wanted to.

"Go sit next to him, and you can have your study hall."

Kellin slowly made his way over to me, sitting in the empty chair. He didn’t glance at me or say anything, just pulled out a notebook and a pencil and began writing.

"Um, I’m Vic," I said quietly. He glanced up and nodded. "I’m Kellin."

Silence.

"Oh, um….cool," I muttered awkwardly. I’m trying to make friends with this kid, but he’s so damn quiet, he’s kind of making it hard. "So…what are you writing?"

"Music," he answered, jotting down another line with a slight frown on his face. I’d be lying if I said he didn’t look adorable.

Wait. What am I saying? All I know is this kids name.

"You write songs?" I asked, realizing I sounded impressed. He glanced up again and my breath caught slightly when his beautiful eyes met mine.

"Yeah. I don’t know if they’re any good, but music’s my escape," he shrugged, looking back down and writing another line.

"Cool. Um, I don’t want to be rude, but how old are you? You seem too young to be a senior," I said. He smiled. "I’m sixteen."

"Really? Damn, you might end up tutoring me, if you’re that damn smart," I said, making him laugh.

"Mr. Bostwick and Mr. Fuentes. Anything you’d like to share with the class?" Mrs.Pierce(whose name I finally remembered)barked.

"No ma’am," I answered. She nodded and went back to her work while Kellin groaned quietly. "I told her to call me Kellin Quinn."

"Don’t like your last name?" I asked. He looked up at me. "What?" "You said you wanted her to call you Kellin Quinn. You don’t like your last name?"

He flushed. I guess he didn’t know he said that out loud. "Um, yeah. That’s why," he muttered, going back to his songbook.

This boy was strange, and it seemed like he was hiding something. Well, obviously I barely knew anything about him because he was knew and we talked for five minutes, but it seemed like something more. Something he didn’t want anyone to know….

I was going to find out.