Changing the Rules

[ a/n: I hope you enjoy this. I know it's short, but it's a one shot so like.. yeah? I don't know. Just read it, cry, buy a house plant, cry with the house plant, buy a shiba inu to cuddle while you cry. Just... idk I'm rambling. Enjoy ! ]

"Hey everyone! I know it's been a while but I've decided to do another YouTube whispers challenge! I'm joined with the one and only, Dan and Phil!" Joe announces as the camera starts recording. 

A cough is heard on the other side of the room though and Joe starts to laugh. "Caspar's here as well!" he smiles as he gestures to the South African who slowly makes his way onto the screen. 

After the intro has been done everyone gets into position, with Caspar being the first one up. 

"Are you ready?" Joe asks, phone in hand. Caspar just nods along to the music playing in his ears as Joe starts. 

"Don't look now, but there is a clown behind you," Joe speaks slowly, making sure Caspar can get at least some of the words right. Next, it's Dan's turn. 

"Don't look now, but I think there's a cat behind you," Caspar says, voice slightly raised as Dan looks at him in confusion. Before he can ask Caspar to repeat it, Phil's already come in and sat on the bed while the other two boys leave, knowing what Dan has planned. 

Completely ignoring the point of the game, Dan starts to take off his headphones as Phil looks up from his music playlist to watch Dan speak. It's only Dan and Phil in the room so Dan finally feels brave enough to put his plan into action, no pressure. Wiping his sweaty hands on his jeans and taking a deep breath, Dan speaks, 

"Philip Lester, I am in love with you." 

Phil just tilts his head to the side in confusion, not knowing what Dan actually said. Taking a few more deep breaths, Dan adjusts himself and looks Phil in the eyes, trying a new phrase. 

Due to the music playing in the older boy's ears, he can't quite tell what Dan has said so he slightly leans in closer, in hopes of hearing him better. Dan starts to stand up, confusing Phil even more. 

Digging into his pocket, Dan pulls out a little velvet covered box and gets down on one knee, repeating the phrase as Phil's mouth slowly falls open and the headphones lay forgotten to the side. 

"Philip Michael Lester, will you marry me?" 

Tears form in the corner of Phil's eyes as he frantically nods his head and holds out a hand for Dan to place the ring onto. Getting up off the floor, Dan sits on the bed and pulls Phil towards him, placing a kiss on his lips. 

"I love you, my sunshine." 

"I love you too, Bear." 

Little do the two boys know, the camera has recorded the entire thing and Joe has no intentions of deleting it, nor does he have any intentions of posting it online. 

He just wants to save it so he can play the beautiful moment at Dan and Phil's wedding.  

[ a/n: Did you cry? Happy tears, I mean, of course. I thought this was cute, simple, short, and to the point. What do you guys think? ]