Four: One Of The Good Guys

Start from the beginning

"Well I had a little chat with her earlier and she told me that you weren't all there in the head."

"Did she now? And where is she?"

"Oh last I heard she was helping with the lions." I let Jerome go and run over to Cherry.

"Hey, I forgot my bag in the big tent."

"Oh do you want me to come with you?" I shake my head. "No, I'll be fine. See you tomorrow." We hug and I take off running off.

I wait a good six minutes as I see Darla was throwing a few raw steaks in with the lions.

As she was going to grab another steak I step out of the shadows.

"Hello."

"Ah! Quinnie, you scared me." She says as I see her catch her breath. "I do that a lot. Scare people. Sometimes I scare them to death. So what yah doin?"

I ask as I look at the three large lions.

"Just feeding them. You know."

I nod and crouch down, motioning for one of the lions to come to me.

"Quinnie! You shouldn't do that." She keeps her distance and one of the lions comes right up to me so I can pet him.

"You're not so dangerous like they say, huh big guy? You're a gentle giant...or maybe you're just not fully there in the head to be a killer."

I glance back at Darla and she was red from embarrassment. "Quinnie I-"

"You know, back in the day. Woman couldn't become lion tamers. All because a lion could smell when a woman was menstruating. It made them crazy. Smelling that blood, and their animal instincts just kicked in you know." I lean closer into the cage and kiss the lion on its nose and it growls.

"Don't worry baby..." I whisper at it. I turn around and cock my head. "Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?" She asks. I get up and start sniffing until I sniff her. She jerks away from me and I gasp.

"You're bleeding!" I point at her.

"No I'm not."

"Sorry." I grab her arm and dig my nails in deep breaking skin as she yanks away from me.

"You crazy bitch!" She tries to run but I grab the shovel that they use to dig up dirt and I smack her right in the back of the head.

"I'm truly sorry, Darla. I thought that you and I could be friends. But you just just had to say rude things about me to my boyfriend. Such a pity though. Oh well, water under the bridge." She groans as I drag her close to the lions cage.

The lions seem to stare at us as I unlatch the cage.

"N...o."

I grab her by the hair and bring my lips to her ear. "No as in no way I get to be eaten by lions? Funny innit?" I throw her in and close the latch back.

The lions circle her and Darla sits up as she tries to get the situation she in.

Suddenly A and B connects and she slowly get up. "Quinnie, open the cage."

"Hmmm, nah. This looks interesting."

"Quinnie!" One of the lions growl and she stiffens.

"Please..." She whimpers. "I think Jerome's callin me. Ta-ta now."

I wave and she runs to the bars of the cage then screams. When I look back I see one of the lions biting her arm while another goes for her throat.