Chapter 3

CANDI'S SHADOW
Emma's  POV~

"Hi uh I have an emergency!" My dad spoke to the nurse at the desk. "Ok sir what is it?" The nurse asked monotone. "Umm my daughter randomly threw up!" My dad said panicking. "Dad it's ok" I reassured him. "Ok sir! Calm down its ok but we need to get him into a bed stat!" The nurse said urgently like she was a drill sergeant. "Follow me?..." "Emma." I said "Ok Emma follow me please." I followed the nurse through a long corridor of doors with screams or cries on the other side. It scared me a little to think of what was happening on the other side. We finally came to a room with someone already there. The nurse gave me a treatment and left. I looked over to see a boy he had bandages on his arms and neck blood seeping through. Was he okay? What happened to him? Tons of questions filled my mind. He woke up and took a white board out he smiled weakly at me and wrote something on the white board. 'Hi I'm Jakob!' He wrote. "Hi why can't you talk what happened?" I asked him. 'I slit my wrists and neck' he wrote down. I teared up. "Why?" I asked him. 'Because I hate life' He said. "Oh... Are you okay?" Tears trickled down my face. 'Yeah but I better get rest!' He wrote/said. "Ok."