two

Carolina

It's been a week since my encounter with Harry Styles. Thanks to his unforgettable smile, his curious green eyes, and his incredible kindness, it didn't seem possible for the memory to disperse from my mind.

In fact it's all I think about. It's been an entire week since I last saw him. In person, at least. I've had more than enough time to ponder his actions and replay our conversation over and over again in my head.

Recalling the smile that lit up Harry's breathtaking face as he repeated the information I'd given him, I unlock my phone and open a photo, staring at it. Then I close my eyes and clutch the phone to my chest, lean onto my bed's headboard, and recollect the memory.

"Carolina" he said softly to himself. It wasn't much, but I could tell he was quite satisfied with it nonetheless. "That's a lovely name," he said, still smiling. My flustered state returned, and I knew right away that the heat I felt on my cheeks meant they were reddening in reaction to his words.

"Thank you." I said so quietly it could've been mistaken for a whisper. He stalked closer to me, my heart beating faster with each step he took. His hands moved toward my shoulder, my eyes widening in surprise as he brought my purse gently down my arm and into his hands holding it open in front of me.

"Take out your phone." Harry requests sweetly, that beautiful smile of his never disappearing. I grew more stunned by the minute as his actions surprise me further. There was no sign of hesitance, or any lack of courage when it came to Harry.

I nodded lightly, my eyes still fixed on Harry who was now holding my purse open, for me to retrieve my phone.

"Open the camera." I comply, shaking my head in disbelief but not having the courage to question his requests. Once I had the camera open, he moved behind me and reached over my shoulder to press the screen so that the camera switched to us. I couldn't suppress my grin when he moved my arm to a level that the phone pointed directly at us two.

Harry held up the peace sign and smiled widely, looking at the camera. My hands were shaking at this point, I couldn't believe it was happening. Though my doubts that this entire experience was merely a dream ate at me, my happiness was overpowering the slight fear this wasn't real and I smiled so big, I thought my teeth would fall out.

My thumb pressed the button at the bottom of he screen to capture this moment, but I knew there'd likely be none well focused or not blurred due to my shaking hands. A deep chuckle was heard in my ear, sending shivers up and down my spine as I turn to look at Harry.

"I'm s-sorry I just-" He doesn't let me finish, but instead shakes his head and smiles.

"It's alright love, I've-" His voice is interrupted by a ringtone, the sound coming from his back pocket. Harry places my purse back into my hand before taking his phone out and checking the screen. Instead of answering the call, he turns back to me. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Carolina. I must be going now, but I hope you have a good day." He walks backwards while waving to me as he speaks. The only thing I could bring myself to do was nod, still smiling as I waved back, unable to speak.

And here I was, laying on my bed, my eyes opening only to stare back at the one photo I was lucky enough to have taken, that didn't come out blurry. Harry's smile was so wide, and it was only then that I remembered how rare it was to catch a photo of Harry Styles truly smiling with fans these days.

The only time I'd seen a picture of him smiling, showing off his teeth was when he was on stage with the rest of the band, or with his family. It brought me much joy that I'd been able to catch a photo like that with him.

"Carolina!" A voice I knew all too well hollered from behind my bedroom door, interrupting my thoughts. I quickly throw my phone on my bed, and run over to open the door only to be engulfed in a hug by Jane.

"You couldn't open the door yourself?" I tease laughing at her hyper aura. She walked past me and made herself comfortable on my bed where I was previously laying.

"You usually leave it locked anyway," She shrugs, while taking my phone and unlocking it. A giggle leaves her lips as she looks at the photo I was just treasuring.

"I still cannot believe you met Harry Styles while I was deciding on which shoes would look better with a stupid dress." Jane mumbles, a pout taking over her pretty face. "I can't even get him to notice me on Twitter!" She laughs, tossing my phone to the other side of the bed. I join her and burst into a fit of giggles realizing she was right.

It's hard to believe I was lucky enough to get a photo with Harry Styles, let alone have an entire conversation with him. Jane shook her head at me still smiling.

"You're so lucky." Jane sighs, plopping backward into the bed. She grabs my teddy bear and pulls it to her chest, then looks at me with a thoughtful expression on her pale face. "Do you think he'd remember you again if he saw you or something?" She tilts her to the side as if she's thinking of an answer herself. I walk over and lay on the bed next to her, staring up at the ceiling, pondering her question myself.

Harry meets fans everyday. Like I said to him myself, my name could belong to any of them. And the more I think about all the attention he gets, and all the fans he's met, or has yet to meet, the more I come to terms with the fact that the name "Carolina" will be the last thing Harry Styles will be thinking about. Let alone, remember me or our encounter.

-

i'm so sorry it took forever to update i just had like no inspiration and i didn't even know what to do next but after "perfect" was released (which is so good by the way) i got an idea of how i want this story to go so this chapter isn't the best and i guess it's kinda like a filler but please bare with me and i'll try to update every weekend because i'm always too busy during the week.

also you can check out my other two stories if you'd like, i'll be updating those every weekend as well and i'm super excited for all of them. thank youu.