Chapter four

It's a new day, Tuesday to be exact, and we're sitting in English for the second period of the day; and guess what!? Our teacher is... Mr Jacobs. Mrs Susan isn't in today so he's taking her classes; lucky us! "Alright so Mrs Susan left some work for me, I'd rather watch videos and do a find a word or something about the white Australian policy, over reading and writing heaps of boring stuff" Mr Jacobs states to the class cheerfully, sometimes he acts so young, and is so young, that I forget he's our teacher.

"Good teaching skills!" I laugh.

All the girls giggle, and a couple guys laugh at my words. I'm pretty sure that's why he's a sport teacher and occasionally a substitute, because he hates theory as much as us. Who can blame him? He only finished high school like, four years ago. He must of went straight to collage, because of how young of a teacher he is.

Most of the lesson goes by quietly until I hear Violet squeal "Haha, stop!" as Jason tickles her; yes Jason, he's here. I mentally scream at him for being such a cunt, acting like nothing happened. Well I suppose I am sort of the same with not telling her. No actually, he's doing it because he's saving his own hind; I'm doing it because I don't want to hurt her. Ugh men! No, sorry; not men, boys. Not all boys of course.

"Uuurgh, this is sooo haaard" I complain, expanding each word as I lean down and rest my forehead on the table.

I suddenly feel the presence of two large, warm hands resting on my shoulders. I slowly raise my head, worried as to whom is behind me, who would it be though, my first thought was Jason! But then I realised I was is a classroom full of people including Violet; so he's ruled out. Um, maybe it's one of the girls? No, two large and manly for any of the females.

Then it hits me... It's sir! I can smell his scent from a mile away, "Sounds like you need help Jess" he states kindly, with humour laced in his words. How did I not notice it was him straight away?

"Haha, yes please" I answer, trying to be calm and not succumb to his hands on me. Just then the bell rings, ending the lesson and ending the tiny moment with sir. I wait for him to move so I can get up but instead he tells me,

"You can stay behind if you want, so I can help you?" he asks from above me.

"Yeah thanks, get it done and out of the road I reckon" I answer before he leaves to dismiss the class.

"Are you coming Jess?" Violet asks, curious as to why I'm still sitting here with all my stuff out.

"Nah Vie, sirs going to help me with my work first, catch ya soon" I reply. It's recess, so I can stay here without getting in trouble from another teacher. She says her goodbyes then leaves the room with Jason.

When we're the last ones left in the room, he walks back over and places his hands on my shoulders again. I expect him to stay like that, but instead he bends over and leans in so close that I can feel his warm breath flutter on the top of my earlobe.

"So which question are you stuck on?" he asks huskily and in almost a whisper. My breath hitches in my throat as he speaks. I get goose bumps when I hear him loose control of his voice like that; over what though? Me?

"Um. This one" I say swallowing hard half way through as I point to one of the many questions. He doesn't move from his intimate position but moves even closer until our cheeks brush against each other. He moves back quickly like he's embarrassed of what he did. Oh my god; I didn't mind at all! He then pulls up a chair beside me and shuffles over until our legs are touching. He explains all of the questions I was stuck on, and then dismisses me kindly.

"Thanks sir. I really appreciate it" I tell him with a genuine smile.

"My pleasure" he answers with a wink. Did all of that just happen? First the close position, then sitting next to each other for like fifteen minutes(I was stuck on a few questions, okay), and then a wink. Eeeh! I exit the room and make my way towards Violet on a high. As I'm walking towards our eating area, I notice someone is walking in my direction. I can't quite make out the figure though, because the sun is shining in my eyes. As the person reaches me, I can now see that it's Chris.