The Ghost Next Door

This summer, I have come to visit my grandmother in Washington, and with me is my mother, boyfriend, and younger brother. When we came up, my grandmother told me that my boyfriend and I would be sleeping in an RV a few yards away from the house. I thought it would be great to have some privacy and it would be like camping. That first night's sleep was fine, with no incident. Then the next day while driving into town, I noticed something interesting; my grandparents live RIGHT next to a graveyard. This cemetery was at least seven acres and was very spooky, and my grandmother said to me, "The neighbors are great-real quiet," to which my boyfriend replied, "Yeah, everyone's just dying to get in. "We laughed, and I didn't think anything of it for the rest of the day.

That night in bed, my boyfriend sound asleep beside me, I heard a knock. I figured it was my mother coming to check on us, so I went to the door, only to find no one there. Thinking it was strange but no big deal, I went back to bed. I closed my eyes, attempting to go sleep, when I heard a woman's voice as if it was right outside of the window and footsteps (it was in gravel so it is very clear when you hear people walking). I took a look and saw nothing; spooked, I cuddled up close to my boyfriend and soon fell asleep. The next morning, I told my boyfriend about what happened, but he told me that I was simply exhausted and the dark was playing tricks on me.

That next night was quite the same, but my boyfriend heard it as well. This time when we looked to find who was to blame for the footsteps outside, we saw a shadow on the ground with no body to accompany it. A few feet away it disappeared into the trees toward the cemetery. Both of us scared, we turned on all the lights and watched a movie, falling asleep on the couch.

The next night was the worst, a full moon. It was around 9:00 PM and we'd had a long day of shopping and vacationing. I tried to ignore the knot in my stomach from the night before; never had I been so scared in my whole life. My boyfriend and I climbed into bed and tried to fall right asleep in fear that we might have another ghostly experience. Five minutes after getting into bed, we heard a loud knock at the door. Jon, my boyfriend, got up and checked, but there was nobody there. He got back into bed and we tried to ignore that there was a knock at the door at least five more times, and that there was also the woman's voice again.

What happens next gave me the most chills. The window to the side of our bed shook, and when we looked, there were two flashes, as if you put a camera on flash and took a picture. I was in such a state of terror that I began to cry. Jon ran outside hoping to catch the person who has been messing with us. When he didn't find anyone or anything, he came back to the RV and tried to open the door but it was locked. I hadn't locked it, and you have to turn two knobs to lock the door. I got up and unlocked the door, opened it, and he ran in, but before I closed the door, I saw three black shadows run toward the RV. I closed the door and the RV began to shake for a few seconds, then everything stopped, and it was quiet. Then, the final scary detail-we could hear that woman talking, then whimper, then more silence.