Dating My Teacher's Brother. Part 16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

“Is it okay if I go to my friend’s house now?” I asked my mum as I carried the dishes out with her.

“I don’t know; it’s pretty late.” She answered as she started to wash the dishes.

“It’s only seven; I’ll be back in an hour or two. He only lives around the corner anyway.” I tried to convince her.

“Why can’t he come down here then? Your grandparents are only here for a few days.”

“I told him I’d go up to his house. Mum, he’s only here for Christmas and then he’s going back home again. Please just let me go for an hour or two.” It seems like everything I say now is a lie. But I have to admit; saying he’s only here for Christmas might just convince her.

“Fine but these are the conditions,” she said turning around. “He walks around and meets you out front. You text me when you get to his house and when you’re leaving. And he has to walk you home again. If you don’t text me, you’re not going to town tomorrow with Lee. And be home before ten okay? I want you to at least spend a bit more time with your grandparents.” I smiled and hugged her, making her laugh.

“I promise, love you.” I said walking out of the kitchen. I pulled out my phone and called Williams. He picked up as I was walking up the stairs.

“Please don’t tell me they aren’t letting you go.” I laughed as I walked into my room.

“No they are, but there are conditions.” I told him walking into my wardrobe.

“Are they bad?” I laughed and pulled out a pair of jeans and a top I borrowed from him a while ago.

“No they’re pretty reasonable. You have to walk around here so you can walk me to yours, and then you have to walk me home again.” He laughed as I slipped out of my shorts.

“Okay, so I’ll see you in five minutes.”

“Yeah, see you in a bit.” I hung up the phone as pulled on my jeans. I put on Williams’ plaid shirt before tucking it into my jeans. I pulled the edges from my jeans slightly to make it look nicer. I slipped on my shoes before going back downstairs.

“Where are you going?” I looked towards the living room door and saw Xavier.

“Out,” I said making him roll his eyes.

“Out where?”

“Friend’s house,” I picked up my jacket and pulled it on.

“Who’s house?” I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

“Mum I’m away!” I shouted to her.

“Okay, see you later.” I closed the door and walked out of my garden. I sat on the wall in front of our bushes and waited for Williams.

“Hey,” I looked up form my phone and saw Williams. “Merry Christmas,” I laughed and jumped off the wall.

“You too,” I said as he hugged me. I pulled away and smiled up at him.

“So how was your day?” He asked holding my hand as we started walking to his house.

“It was okay. Same old Christmas really,” he nodded and put his other hand in his pocket. “What about yours? It was probably more eventful than mine.” He laughed as we turned the corner into his street.

“It wasn’t really all that eventful. I only got up at four,” I looked up at him in shock.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He laughed and led us up to his front door.

“I had no reason to get up so early.” He said unlocking his door. “It’s just me remember?” I smiled slightly at him as I closed the door.

“Well not anymore,” I said trying to make him feel better. “I hope you have ice cream, because I’m missing dessert to be here.” He laughed while walking into the kitchen. I took my jacket off and hung it up by the door. I walked into the kitchen and saw him bent over looking in the freezer. I sat down at his table and watched him pull out some ice cream.

“So what did you get for Christmas then?” He asked getting some spoons from the drawer.

“Some clothes, CD’s stuff like that.” I told him while texting my mum that I was here.

“Sounds like Santa was nice to you.” I laughed as he set the ice cream between us.

“He was extremely nice,” I said while putting some ice cream on my spoon. “So have you basically been doing nothing all day?” I asked him.

“Pretty much, yeah. I went for a run when I got up, that’s it really.”

“Sounds pretty boring,” I told him. He nodded and took a bit of the ice cream. He was about to say something when my phone started ringing. I smiled at him before picking it up from the table. I looked at the screen and saw Sean was trying to ring me. I hit decline and put it on vibrate, before putting it in my pocket.

“Who was that?” he asked as I put my spoon into the ice cream.

“Nobody important,” I said putting my ice cream in my mouth.

“So how long have I got you for?” I looked up at him and laughed at what he said.

“I have to be home before ten,” I said putting my spoon on the counter. “Yeah, eating ice cream right after your dinner wasn’t the best idea.” He chuckled and grabbed the ice cream and spoons while standing up.

“I wouldn’t think it was a good idea.” He threw the spoons in the sink before walking over to the freezer. He put the ice cream in before turning to me again. “Is that my shirt?” I looked down at it and laughed.

“Yeah,” he smirked and pulled me to my feet. “I was happy sitting there,” I complained making him laugh.

“Well you’ll be happier in the living room.” He dragged me to the living room and made me sit down beside him. “So why aren’t you coming out with me and Maria tomorrow?” He asked turning on the TV, leaving it on some movie.

“Because she’s basically the only one in your family you talk to. And I’ve already made plans with Lee.”

“Try and convince him not to punch me again. At least for a few more months,” I laughed and rubbed his thigh.

“Don’t worry I’ve already talked to him and he’s going to apologise at some stage.” He looked at me and smiled.

“Well I’ve got something to give you, and it’s not an apology.” He said reaching behind the sofa. He lifted up a gift bag and handed it to me. “Merry Christmas Rachel,” he said kissing my cheek. I smiled at him and he signalled towards the bag. I laughed and looked in the bag. I pulled out a leather guitar strap. It was dark brown and had a tan coloured line all the way long it. "I know your other one snapped," I smiled and ran my hand over it. 

"It's the nicest strap I've ever seen." He chuckled as I set the strap on the sofa beside me. 

"It's good we've started on a good note, let’s hope I finish it on a high with the last one." I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. 

"There's more?"

"Of course there's more. I'm not just going to buy you a strap." I laughed and looked in the bag again. I took out the small box and opened it. 

"Oh my..." I started to say looking at the necklace in the box. It was a silver chain that had a heart attached to it. I saw him reach over and turn it around. I saw an engraving and read it. 

'21/10/10 PW'

"What happened on the 21st?" I asked, but felt kind of guilty I didn't know. He picked up the necklace and unclasped it. I put my hair to one side and turned my back towards him. 

"It was when I realised that I liked you more than a teacher should like his student." He said while putting my necklace on. I fixed it before letting my hair fall down. 

"What do you mean?" I asked while resting my head on his legs. 

"It’s kind of hard to explain. It was the day you guys were getting off for Halloween, and your class was the last class I had. I couldn't wait to get away from school and all the kids."

"Thanks," I said sarcastically making him laugh. 

"But then your class came in. I realised it was the last time I'd see you for nearly two weeks. And I don’t know I just didn't want you to go." I smiled pushed myself up, and sat facing him on his lap. 

"I saw you while we were off anyway." 

"Two days of a nearly two week long holiday." I laughed and tangled my fingers in his hair. "But I just want to say something real quick. If at any point you want to end this," he said pointing between me and him. "I'll let you finish it without any questions asked. If you come to me at anytime saying you want to end our relationship, that's it. I won't ask why. But if you end it after you've left, I'll ask all the questions I can think of." I smiled tugged his hair slightly.

“Way to ruin the moment,” he laughed and rested his hands on my hips. “But I get what you’re saying. But I’m not going to be ending things anytime soon.” He smiled and ran his thumbs under my shirt. “There is one thing you might want to think about though.”

“What?” He asked resting his head against the back of the sofa.

“What happens if Sean tells his parents or Maria about me and they want to meet me? Or what if Maria mentions to them about you bringing me to meet her?” He sighed but smiled slightly.

“I’ve already told her that I don’t want her to tell my parents or Sean about you. I said it has nothing to do with them and I’ll tell them when we wanted to tell them.” I smiled and leant forward. I kissed him on the cheek before hugging him as best I could.

“Why can’t you can be that smart when I truly need it?” He chuckled and rubbed my back.

“I can’t be amazing all of the time,” I pulled away and smiled at him.

“Well can you stay at mine tonight? I’ve missed you that past few days.” He smiled and pulled me into him by the front of my shirt.

“I’ll do whatever you want,” he whispered against my lips. I smiled, before he captured my lips in his own. I tilted my head and moved my lips in sync with his. I pulled away and rubbed my lips.

“When was the last time you shaved?” He laughed and shook his head at me.

“I’m not sure; maybe four or five days ago.”

“Well go shave now,” he chuckled and shook his head. “But it's rubbing against my lips,” he shrugged in response.

"That's not my problem," I pouted my lip out at him. "Aww," he said tracing his thumb along my bottom lip. 

"I hate you," he laughed and tucked some hair behind my ear. 

"I don't think you do," he said as my phone vibrated in my pocket

"Believe what you want," said looking at the caller id. "But I do," I said answering my phone. "Hello?" I answered while playing with Williams' shirt. 

"Please come home. I can't handle being here on my own with everyone." I laughed and got off of Williams' lap. 

"I'm at my friend’s house," I told him while sitting in a step half way up his stairs.