a little bit of a movie moment

After a few days, it came for the competition to begin. That'swhen the girls, hopped in their trusty van, one which they've hadsince Kayla turned 16, and began their journey to New York. What theypacked varied, Kayla had two suitcases filled with variousnecessities  whereas Lilo had but a single backpack. Daxton and Emmboth thought it'd be a good idea to pack almost their entire lives,which came to annoy Lilo when he had to arrange the various bags andboxes for the trip. Their drive would last a mere 8 hours compared toother bands in the same competition who would be taking planes toarrive in the early morning. Once they were on the road, althoughusually Kayla drove, today, she decided on shotgun, leaving Emm todrive.

"I wonder whether I should wear Doc Martins (a/n: dont thinkthat's the right way 2 spell it lol) or Converse when I shove my footup Michael's ass." Daxton wondering, not being particularly pleasedwith him for voicing his want to engage in sexual activities with herfriend.

Kayla scoffed.

"I wouldn't waste my money, his ass isn't worth it" Shesmirked, although, truthfully, she didn't mind the Australian much.

"Are you sure you have the directions right, I just want to makesure." Lilo mumbled, fiddling with a pen that he found stuffedbetween the car seats.

Daxton reached over and patted Lilo on his shoulder's, which heusually hunched.

"It's gunna be alright. I'm pretty sure these two couldn't fuckup that bad. New York, New York. C'mon Li."

Lilo shrugged, letting his head rest against the window. Hisflushed cheeks pressed against the glass and his eyes slowly shut.The sun wasn't even up yet, so Lilo was pretty sure he shouldn't ofbeen either. The three girls smiled a little at their friend. Kaylahooked her phone up to the van with the aux cord and let Ed Sheeransoftly play through it's speakers, careful not to turn the volume uptoo much, cautious of a very sleepy boy in the back. They traveledfor a few minutes in silence before Emm spoke up, posing a questionfor the others.

"Do you think we could really do this, like win?"

There was a moment of silence.

"Yeah." Kayla replied, as simple as she could.

"We've worked so hard, why couldn't we?" Daxton added,

"I'm just worried. Like what if we aren't as talented as theother bands." Emm took a deep breath,

"I just want to make everyone proud. I don't want this all to befor nothing" She sighed,

"But that's the thing. Even if we loose this competition, we'vemade it. Not like we can just go back home now anyways." Daxtonlooked out the window,  fingers drumming on the cover of the book shewas reading

What she said made Kayla and Emm smile with reassurance.

"If we wanted, it's not like there's a yellow brick road tofollow" Kayla added

They all couldn't help but feel inspired, egnited in that momentin their dingy, old van heading to the city of lights where dreamseither turn to ash or spark. These next months would decide if theirtime to burn was now.

"enough will this cliche, cheesy shit, let's kick ass!" daxtonthen ruined the moment by beginning  to kick the back of emm's seat

kayla stifled a grin, putting on marianas trench and letting outof a excited scream through her open window.

And to think, it was all just beginning.