| 1 |

Isabelle|Wednesday

The handcuffs around my wrists were awefully tight and pinched at my skin. Also the cop car I was in the backseat wasn't very comfortable. Everything was stiff and cold. The weather matched my mood, shitty.

Once we pulled up in front of a huge building that looked older than the woman standing in front of it the officer opened the door pulling me out uncuffng me.

"This is isabelle thorne, runaway." He read off a list on a clipboard. "That's all the information we got off of her parents.

None of it was true, they just needed a coverup for how shitty they treated me.

The old lady nodded and turned towards me. "Come on young lady, you have a long day ahead of you."

I followed behind her into the huge building. When we reached the front door the old lady rang the door bell and you could hear a buzz from inside the building.

"My name is Mrs. Birch and this is brandywoods home for troubled girls, we are the best around and will straighten out the most crooked teen." She smiled.

"I'm not crooked." I said with no emotion.

She opened a door to a office and led me inside. "This is Mr. Styles, he is the head of the school. He will tell you your schedule and rules. I will be waiting to escort you to your first class."

I sat down in a chair in front of Mr. Styles as Mrs. Birch left the room. His stare burning holes into me. Everything was completely silent as he evaluated me.

He then slid a crisp paper in front of me with a list of numbers and bold letters at the top saying RULES I rolled my eyes at how many there were. At least its not like my parents house.

"Rule number one: Tardiness will not be tolerated." He stood up from his desk.

By the time he was finished reading off the rules he was leaning on his desk in front of me.

"Here is your schedule and uniform, I hope you realized Mrs. Thorne that we do not mess around in here and if you slip up there are major consequences." He leaned down to my ear and whispered. "And I would love to discipline you."

My knees shook at his last words and I shuttered at the harshness of his whisper.

"I'm the last class you have for the day. Don't be late." He smiled and moved back. "You may go off to your classes."

I got up and collected everything I needed and basically jogged to the door. I didn't want to spend another second in that office with him. I felt something deep inside me I never felt before. He scared me.

I wiped my forehead with my palm and took a deep breath approaching Mrs. Birch.

I handed my schedule to her and she smiled. "You have English first, my favorite."

She led me down a long hall and at the end she stopped. "All your classes are in this hall, except group." I'll be here at the end of the day to show you where group is."

"What's group?" I questioned quietly.

"It's where you and your class go into a room to talk about how you are and go get stuff off your chest and to share with kids your age."