Chapter 3 A Discovery

"What was that about?" I asked Mabel.

"I don't know, but I didn't like it." She said rubbing her arms like she was cold.

I picked up the backpacks and the envelope and got up to leave.

"You coming?"

"Yeah. Give me a second."

Mabel stood up and walked over to the counter with some money to pay for the pie. When she came back she was holding a take out box and some change.

"Your change good sir."

"Thank you Madame." I said holding out my hand.
Mabel dropped the quarters in my palm and walked out of the diner holding the box like it was the last thing on earth.

"Where should we go?"

"Back home. I want to bring Waddles with us."

"Sure. Just make it fast. You know how Stan is when it comes to Waddels."

Once we where back at the Mystery Shack Mabel and I went up to our room to find Waddels and look in the backpacks.

"Waddels! Waddels where are you!?"

"I'm sure he'll turn up Mabel. We took care of the dinosaurs, remember?"

"Yeah. I'm still going to worry though."

"Let's see what's in these." I said handing her the shooting star backpack and racing up the stairs with her on my heels.

Up in the attic we found a shocking discovery. The backpacks wouldn't open.

"What is wrong with these things!"

"I honestly don't care. All it will bring is trouble."

"Then why did you bring them with you?"

"I don't know! I thought it would bring me some inspiration!" I said throwing journal 3 across the room. It hit the wall and broke the binding.

"What did you do that for you stupid!" Said Mabel running over to the journal. "What's this?" She pulled a folded, yellow paper that smelled musty, out of the journal's spine.

"I don't know. What does it say?" I asked her.

"Journal entry 345. My suspicions where correct. I have unleashed a terrible beast apron Gravity Falls. I don't know what it wants from me, but as I spend my last few moments writing this I want to know, dear reader, never to come to Gravity Falls under any circumstances, unless you want to die." She read aloud.

"Well, that's terrifying." Looking over her shoulder.