Chapter 8. The Rabbit

Chapter 8.

The Rabbit

There's a story, of a young wolf.

One night the young wolf sat looking up at the moon, howling with sadness. He begged for the moon to send him love. And as he begged a sound could be heard as something started to grow closer towards the young wolf. The wolf turned and faced what was coming. The night was quiet, nothing could be heard for miles. And then coming out trees she stood there, starring into the night.

A Hunter.

He stopped just for a second, staring at this beautiful Huntress. She calls for him and the young wolf runs, faster and faster towards her. As he reached the girl, she kneeled on the ground. The young wolf ran to her side, tail wagging, ears standing tall. He sniffed the hunter with wonder, moving slowly around her. She raised her hand and patted behind his ears. And as if her hands were laced with a poison of love the wolf was rolling across the ground, like a puppy.

The moon had sent him a love.

As the two of them, lay in silence. The young huntress' hands laced in the wolf's hair. Showing their love for one another. The young wolf stood so proudly, knowing now she was by his side. The wolf headed up the mountain, to the cliff he had once begged the moon.

The young wolf looks back and with a small howl he asked her to follow. She took a few steps, then suddenly, she fell. He watched her fall, running to her side. He stood by her, nuzzling her with his nose, no movement came from the young huntress. Again and again, he nuzzled her, trying to awaken his love.

But again, his attempts failed. He lay by her side, crying. He looks at her side and notices that something is wrong. He leans over and then notices the blood.

"No, he cries, no this can't be. I have just found my love, please" he cries, "Please, don't take her from me now!" He nuzzles at her, but her body is still. He looks into her eyes and sees her life slowly leaving her. She raises her head one more time, a faint cry can be heard, the cry of forgiving love. She holds the young wolf; her voice is soft. Death coated her breath.

"Find love" She slowly lays her head back down. The young wolf lays his head on her side. He watches as she takes her last breath. The wolf moves slowly towards the cliff again looking back at his lost love. He slowly turns back to her and cries out to her one last time, but she does not move. He stands there so tall, and proud. His head hangs low to the ground. Still the night is quiet. His eyes filled with tears, from deep within him, he cries again to the moon. As if to say, "why did you take my love away when you just brought her to me"

but the moon does not reply for this was not love the moon had sent.

Aurora followed Scott in a huff as they finally reached the top of the hill. She sucked in a deep breath of air as she stood at the top for a moment, taking in the fresh air around her. She looked nothing but woods and trees for miles. Aurora let out a small chuckle as she thought to herself. Scott looked back at her, squinting his eyes.