Ostara

The spring equinox on March 21, when days are perfectly equal to nights. The young Sun God now celebrates a hierogamy (sacred marriage) with the young Maiden Goddess, who conceives. In nine months, she will again become the Great Mother. It is a time of great fertility, new growth, and newborn animals. The next full moon (a time of increased births) is called the Ostara and is sacred to Eostre the Saxon Lunar Goddess of fertility (from whence we get the word estrogen)

Symbols for Ostara: the egg (for fertility and reproduction) and the hare (for rebirth and resurrection), the New Moon, butterflies and cocoons, seeds, plants.
Herbs for Ostara: Daffodil, Jonquils, Woodruff, Violet, Gorse, Olive, Peony, Iris, Narcissus and all spring flowers.
Incense for Ostara:Jasmine, Rose, Strawberry, Floral of any type.
Colors for Ostara: lemon yellow, pale green, pale pink, grass green, all pastels, Robins egg blue, violet, and white.
Stones for Ostara: jasper,aquamarine, rose quartz, and moonstone

Celebrations:
Planting seeds or starting a Magickal Herb Garden.

Taking a long walk in nature with no intent other than reflecting on the Magick of nature

planting of seeds& potted plants. newly potted plant or take a seed and plant it within my cast Circle

ringing bells

lighting new fires at sunrise, either in the fireplace or in the the cauldron, or light a balefire (if outdoors).Ritually, a fire may be lit in the cauldron during (not before) the rite itself.

You may want to decorate your altar with a colorful bouquet of Spring wildflowers.

working on magickal gardens and practicing all forms of herbal work --- magickal, artistic, medicinal, culinary, and cosmetic.

Painting Ostara eggs with magical symbols, pagan or Wiccan symbols, or images of spring. Paper machete eggs or wooden eggs are a great way to keep this activity cruelty free, you can then keep this eggs for next year as decoration, or burn them in a fire or bury in the ground as an offering to the goddess.

RECIPES:

Crispy Roast Potatoes with Rosemary Ingredients:-4 medium potatoes-2 TBSP oil-1/2 TSP salt-2 garlic cloves finely chopped-2 TBSP rosemary Directions:-cut potatoes into chunks-boil potatoes until soft-place potatoes on lined baking sheet, wait unti...

Ingredients:
-4 medium potatoes
-2 TBSP oil
-1/2 TSP salt
-2 garlic cloves finely chopped
-2 TBSP rosemary
Directions:
-cut potatoes into chunks
-boil potatoes until soft
-place potatoes on lined baking sheet, wait until the outside is dry so it browns when cooked.
-rub the olive oil onto the potatoes, sprinkle the garlic, salt, and rosemary evenly onto the potatoes.
-cook 15-20min at 180°C