Chapter 36

36

My heart thumped in my chest as I approached the changing room door. I dreaded to think what Harry looked like after the fight. Breathing erratically, I forced myself to move forward. My eyes instantly landed on Harry. The room was dimly lit, making it difficult to distinguish his face as he sat on one of the benches. His head was bowed, curls flopping over his forehead.

"Harry." I called out quietly.

His head rose with my voice. The icepack pressed to the left side of his face was brought down and placed beside him. My apprehension was getting the better of me, not sure if I should stay put. I strained to see his face from my position.

"Come here." His raspy voice instructed.

My fingers nervously played with the ends of my hair, biting my lip as I cautiously moved forward. His ringlets were drenched in sweat, sticking to his forehead as he stared up at me. I think he was almost as wary as I was. I had prepared myself for the worst but his appearance surprised me. Yes, he was bloody and slightly bruised, but it was nowhere near as bad as the images my mind had tortured me with.

Harry curiously peered at me from under his sweaty curls. It was almost as if he were holding his breath, waiting for my reaction. A large hand was held out for me to take and I immediately accepted the gesture. Harry chuckled as I straddled his lap. My touch was instantly on his face, brushing over his cheeks, checking to see if he was hurt. I pushed back his damp ringlets. All the while he didn't take his frosty green gaze off me. Blood was smeared across his cheek from his nose, but it wasn't broken.

"Bo."

My touch travelled down his chest, leaning away slightly, Harry's hands supported my lower back as I checked his stomach. He winced a little, my eyes darting up to his face. I tugged his arms round, holding his hands in mine, turning them over, testing his long fingers.

"Bo, I'm fine." He laughed.

I held his chin turning his head from side to side, ignoring his comment. I think he thought it best to let me carry on with my investigation. Harry just sat there, a smile on his face as I continued.

I frowned as he flinched, my thumb running across his overly plump bottom lip. It had obviously swelled slightly from a hit. I leant forward pressing a light kiss to the injury. Harry didn't have time to respond before my thumb gently pushed in between his lips.

"What are you doing?" He question muffled at my intrusion.

I squinted my eyes in concentration, exploring round his mouth.

"Checking you still have all your teeth." I replied.

He gripped my wrist, playfully sucking on my thumb before he pulled it out.

"That's what the gum shield is for." He laughed.

Harry grinned at me to display the whites of his teeth. His cheeky smile clearly showing he hadn't lost any during the fight.

"See." He confirmed.

I sighed in relief, my head falling to his shoulder as he wrapped his arms round me. I didn't care about the perspiration trickling down his chest, just wanting to hold him. Knowing he was safe.

"Oh my God. I've never been so scared in my entire life." I mumbled against his sweaty skin.

He pressed a kiss to the top of my head as I clung to him. I'm not sure how long we stayed in that position. I was just so glad he was conscious and talking. The thought of what could have happened made me feel uncomfortable. But I didn't dwell on it for long, knowing I would break down into tears again. I didn't think I could take any more crying.