Chapter 32

Ashton was slightly hung over when Reagan called him the next morning. Not only was he hungover with a headache, but he couldn't hang out with Reagan. She had gotten called into work today, which sucked because Ashton had a long shift tomorrow meaning he would be at work almost all day long. He was hoping they would both have one day off together, but now that wouldn't happen for another couple of days.

Ashton laid around for a while before showering and deciding to go back to Mike's house for the day.

"How do you feel man?" Ashton said taking a seat on Michael's couch. He had a bit more to drink than Ashton the night before; which was Calum's fault. He made up some drinking game for when they watched School of Rock after their several hours of Fifa.

"Shitty, but it's been worse," Michael said sitting on the couch next to Ashton, pulling out his phone and sending a message... probably to Sam.

Michael and Ashton ended up talking for hours, which they use to do in high school all the time. It was probably because they both got their licenses late, so they never could get up and go anywhere unless one of their mom's were home and willing to drive them somewhere. They hadn't sat on a couch and just talked in a long time.

The hours went by fast, especially because Stepbrothers and other really good movies were on as well. Ashton phone rang from a text from Reagan saying she was almost off, meaning it was almost 9pm already.

"I should get going, Reagan's gonna be home from work soon," Ashton said standing up. He had to work early the next morning so instead of going over to her apartment like he wanted, he was going to call her before they both went to bed. He just wanted to talk to her, ask how her day went.

"Hey Ashton," Michael said as Ashton made his way towards the door, making Ashton turn and raise his eyebrows.

"Don't screw anything up this time, I feel like Reagan is gonna be the one to stick by you for a long, long time," Michael said with a small smile.

"I feel that too," Ashton grinned as he made his way out to his car.

"So you're off Saturday too right?" Reagan asked later that night while she was on the phone with Ashton.

"Yep, about time we both had a day off," Ashton replied and Reagan could practically feel Ashton smiling from the other end.

"I was thinking we could drive out to the beach?" Reagan asked playing with her hair out of habit. She had wanted to spend a day this week solely with Ashton, and she also had some things on her mind she wanted to talk to him about.

"I think that would be a fun time," Ashton smiled before yawning. He glanced over at the clock, it was already after 3am.

"Wanna hear a joke?" Reagan said out of the blue making Ashton chuckle but agree.

"Why shouldn't you trust the king of the jungle?"

Ashton shook his head laughing, "I don't know."

"Because he's always lion," Reagan chuckled, "Like lying."

"Oh my god," Ashton laughed, "That was lame."

"Hey it may be lame, but nobody said you had to listen, or even still be talking to me after 3am when i'm hyper," Reagan laughed.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't want to be talking to anyone else. I only want your lame sense of humor keeping me up until 3am when I have to be up at 7," Ashton said with a soft smile.

"Aw you're mushy," Reagan said with her cheeks on fire. She felt like she was in middle school gushing about being up late on the phone with a boy who was saying sweet things.

"But seriously you should go to sleep," Reagan said biting her lower lip. She wanted Ashton to go to bed because he had to work early the next morning, but she also loved talking to him.

"Alright, i'll text you in the morning," Ashton said, his voice becoming husky. He could barely keep his eyes open.

Reagan could tell Ashton was getting tired, but loved the rasp in his voice. "I'll text you back, goodnight Ash."

"Goodnight sleep tight," Ashton smiled before pushing the end button on his phone. He set his alarm and groaned, he had exactly three hours and thirteen minutes before he had to be awake.

Ashton surely wanted to die the couple of hours later when his alarm went off. What was even worse was he actually hit snooze one too many times and woke up late. On top of that, his mom had forgotten to get milk, so he wasn't able to make himself coffee to stay awake.

He was running late, so starbucks wasn't an option. Ashton was hoping Brad would let him run over when the store got slow during the day. He let out a huff and made his way to work.

The clock read 11am, and the store had only been open for two hours. Ashton wanted to just slam his head on the desk a few times. He didn't get off of work until after 3 and he was exhausted and kind of grumpy.

"Hey sleepy," Ashton heard behind him as he spun around to see Reagan. He was so zoned in on doing the paperwork at the front desk, he didn't even hear the door open.

"Hi there," Ashton smiled down at Reagan. "I'm surprised you're even awake. I figured you would sleep until at least 1."

Reagan laughed with a small shake of her head, "My dad called and woke me up. I also figured I kept my boyfriend up so late, I might as well bring him some coffee."

"Aw thank you. You're a lifesaver," Ashton said taking the coffee from Reagan's hand and kissing her cheek.

"You're welcome," Reagan smiled with a hint of pink on her cheeks.

"What time do you work?" Ashton asked as he pushed the coffee cup to his lips. He could practically feel the caffeine go through his body. Ashton felt as if he had never needed coffee more than that moment.

'Four to ten," Reagan said checking the time on her phone. She still enough time to go home and nap. "We're still on for saturday right?"

"Yep," Ashton smiled as a few customers came in.

"I'll let you do your job," Reagan said as she nodded at the customers who were looking around at CDs and Vinyls.

"Alright," Ashton said pushing a quick firm kiss to Reagan's lips.

"See you later love," Reagan smiled as she began to pull away.

"Wait, did you just call me love?" Ashton asked with a grin on his face. Reagan was his girlfriend, and it was normal for couples to call one another babe, Ashton was always doing it but Reagan was different. She didn't come off as the clingy type, and she definitely didn't seem like the mushy, pet name type either. Yet again, Ashton had learned this girl was full of surprises.

"Yep," she smiled and made her way out of the shop leaving Ashton to do his job with a smile on his face. 

-
A/N 

Sorry it took me forever to update! College homework usually takes me like four hours to do and then I just want to watch netflix, cry, eat, and sleep. LOL. 

Theres only a couple of chapters left! I love this story and am so sad to see it end. 

Tweet me: @SassgarthLuke :-)