The Hero

Gija gently placed me down as I wiped away my final tears looking up at him with a large smile on my face. "Stay here. From what I saw Jea-Ha wasn't to terribly hurt he should recover quickly. I'll go finish up the fighting and have someone come and get you to safety." He commanded kneeing down and looking me in the eyes smiling.

I walked over to him and rapped my arms around his neck. "Don't die. Come back. Don't break your promise." I whispered into his ear lightly. I could feel him stiffen slightly at the thought. Even so he kept a smile on. "I won't." He reassured as I slowly withdrew my arms from his neck. He got up and began to walk away. As he was about to jump over to a nearby boat I shouted out "Gija! Wait! One more thing!"

He looks over this shoulder at me curiously and stopped waiting for me to continue. I took a beep breath. "After this. Let's go meet up with the rest of the family! Ok!?" I say hopefully. A smile brightened his face. "Ok." He replies simply giving me one last smile then jumping into the passing boat. I felt like a beam of joy as I watched the boat leave. He would be back and we would see the others together!

We did it! Yes! We saved Port Awa! We helped the pirates! I did something! I was then suddenly ripped from my happy thoughts as a familiar voice ripped through the unnaturally quite air I had to been busy celebrating to notice. "Looks like she's returns to me!" The voice cackles happily. No! It can't be! I slowly turned around to meet the cruel eyes of Kumji.

"No!" I screamed taking shaking steps away from hims as a man stood behind Kumji looking between us curiously. The lord turns to the man. "Get a boat ready!" He ordered, the man nodded and ran to the side of the boat where an extra boat lay. The man began to load it. Kumji smirked as he watched me look wildly around hoping to find a friend or an escape route. All I could see was candles and wood.

That's when I accorded to me. I shakily walked toward the closest candle keeping my eyes on Kumji. "There's no escape. Look all you like, but in the end you will be mine." He stated a cruel smile on his face as he watched me his dark eyes examining my every move. "I'd rather die then be a puppet to you! Your disgusting!" I fired back my eye shoot away from him for a second and grabbed a candle. "Your struggling is useless. You have no where to run!" Kumji continued as my hand trembled.

"Y-Your right! I don't have anywhere to run! No where at all! But I'm not going with you!" I shouted cutting the Lord off. He opened his mouth to stay more but I didn't catch what he said as I slowly allowed my finger to lose there grip on the candle. I watched as the glass encasing the flame shattered and the fire hit the dry wood boards of the ship. I'm sorry. It looks like Gija won't be braking the promise. It seems like I am.

Tears poured down my cheeks at the thought of never seeming my new family of six. Visions of Yona, Yun, Hak
Shin-Ah, Jea-Ha, and Gija flashed before my eyes. The tears only came harder. I want to see them. I want to be with them so unbelievably bad. The idea of not seeing them is unbearable. "I'm sorry." I whispered looking down at the at the floor waiting for the flames to reach me. That's when I felt a strong hand grab me by my throat.

I was heaved up into the air and came face to face with Kumji. "You little brat! You'll pay for this!" He spat walking toward the edge of the boat and jumping off. I screamed believing he was going to drown me but stopped as I heard his feet come into contact with solid ground. I realized with relief that he had jumped onto the spare boat he had the other man prepare. I was immediately thrown to the boat floor. Kumji turned to the man and grunted as he saw him hurriedly paddling, directing us away from the burning ship.

The Lord grabbed something from under a nearby seat. As he rose it to his face I gasped sitting up and leaning against the boats side away from the rope in his hands. He reached out toward me grabbing my wrist with one meaty hand and binding them. I winced as he made them painfully tight. He then did the same to my feet smiling as he watched me whimper in pain tears brining my eyes.

Once I was fully tied up I was slammed back down to the boats wood floor boards. I winced as I felt Kumji place his foot on top of me keeping me in place. At this point the tears had began to flow down my cheeks. I had given it my best efforts and had still failed. I set the stupid ship on fire! What else could I have done! "What happens dot all that fighting spirt?" Taunted Kumji digging his heel into my side. I gave a cry of pain.

"Stop!" I cried. The pain only increased as he ignored my pleases. "My friends will save me! They'll end your miserable existence!" I snapped thrashing wildly on the ground. As if on cue I heard Jea-Ha's voice. "May! I'm coming!" He shouted worry claar I. Hisp voice. "Jea-Ha!?" I mumbled my eyes widening at the sound of his voice. After a moment to process what was going on I scowl angrily. "What are you doing you idiot!" I screamed furiously. "Have you been treated! Are you ok! Damn it, Jea-Ha! You shouldn't be fighting!" I continued.

Kumji slowly got up looking up at the sky. As he removed his foot. I sat up as well and looked up at the sky. Gliding threw the air was Jea-Ha his dark green hair swaying from the breeze. "So this is the pesky fly that been ruining everything!" Kumji questions rising a bow an arrow already drawn. Jea-Ha pulls raises three daggers smirking at the Lord as he brushes the blades against his face. He then threw them. Moments later Kumji released his arrow. My eyes flew back and forth watching the daggers and arrow as they both advanced.

I cupped my mouth as I watched the daggers miss. I shakily turned to just in time see the arrow pierce Jea-Ha's shoulder. "NNNNNNOOOOO!
JEA-HA!" I screamed as he crashed to the water floating their as Kumji drew and other arrow at a now injured
Jea-Ha. I shakily got up doing my best to stand with my ties ankles. I charged Kumji ramming all body weight into him. He stumbled slightly and his arrow flew past Jea-Ha narrowly missing him.

"Stop! Don't hurt him!" I ordered. Kumji simply slammed his hand into my stomach and I crumbled to the ground my balance failing as I winced in pain. "What business do you have with a pirate!" He demanded drawing and other arrow. I slowly rose again. "Don't. Hurt. My. Brother!" I screamed charging him one more time. I put all my body weight and strength into it. His second arrow missed Jea-Ha once again and the large Lord fell into the water shakily the boat wildly.

I screamed finding myself falling face first onto the floor. I sat up the boat still rocking wildly as the man paddling tried to regain control. I looked to Kumji his eye wide with fear  looking at one of the ships. I followed his gaze and saw Yona. Yona....?! Her eyes were full of fire and the light breeze made her beautiful red hair sway in the air giving the illusion that it was fire. In her hands was a drawn bow and arrow. She let it go and I watched in amazement as it hit the evil Lord in the heart.

I shakily stood up looking at Yona tears pouring down my cheeks. "Yona!" I cried happily a smile painting my face. "May! You did it! You saved the woman by taking care of Kumji! Your a hero!" Yona shouted happily. No Yona. I did nothing. You did it, you did it all! Your amazing. Your the true hero, Yona. The lost princess of one of the five tribes, your the hero.