37

"Babe," Grant whines, sprawled on his living room floor, "I need to wash my car."

"... And?"

"I need your help."

"What?" I splutter, "Uh, no way."

"Please?" Grant sits up and moves closer to where I am, "Ven, please?"

He widens his eyes and pouts a little bit. I can't refuse at this point, "Fine."

Grant smiles a breathtaking grin. He wraps his long arms around my waist and pulls me off of the couch. His head is soon buried in the crook of my neck before pulling back, "Thank you."

"Of course."

"I'd prefer if you wore white," Grant winks after we get up from the ground to collect our supplies.

I shove him, which causes him to stumble, "No, you pervert!"

He laughs as we gather everything and go to his car on the driveway. He gives me the hose, which is a really bad idea on his part.

"Can you fill these buckets with water before rinsing the car?"

I pretend that the handle is stuck, so Grant comes up closer to see. Once he's a good distance away, I spray him with water. The look on his face is enough to make my day.

"Your f-face!" I hold my stomach as I laugh, "Oh god."

"I'm going to be a good boyfriend and spare you," he then peels off his shirt with a cheeky wink, "or I'll let you suffer."

Grant being shirtless is my only weakness.

We continue washing the car, but every so often, Grant would lean over me with his chest against my back. He also dumped a bunch of soapy water on my head after he got me distracted enough.

So, that's when I take off my shirt. It's a stupid move because anyone could see my plain black bra, but the look on Grant's face makes me forget all my worries. He looks at me like I'm the only person he'll ever think about.

He snaps out of it, "Nope, nope, nope. Venice, sweetheart, babe, please put your shirt back on."

"Why?" I innocently ask.

"Because you'll be the fucking death of me," he steps closer, "and you're so goddamn beautiful, and I selfishly don't want anyone else to see you."

I place a sweet kiss on his lips before breathing out, "Okay."

It took a while to finish washing the car because of the feverish glances sent to each other.

___________________________

Okay, so that ending felt mildly sexual. BUT WHATEVER.

It was supposed to be more of a water fight, but this was good enough. Lololol.

Also, I'm #40 on the What's Hot list for Short Story (that's super rad). So, thank you for that :)

vote•comment•follow

--thyselves

p.s. I love all of you.