Chapter 3

Sonny couldn't wait to meet with Joe Novak and discuss strategy. He was afraid that Joe had been holding his wife, Siobahn's death against him. Sonny felt bad for Joe. But Joe had got it all wrong assuming Sonny was responsible for Siobahn's death. He didn't know that the person responsible was Julian Jerome.

Joe had arrived at Sonny's mansion to talk about strategy to take out the Jerome and Zacchara organizations.

"Hey, Sonny!" Joe shook Sonny's hand, despite the rage he still felt over Sonny's part in Siobahn death.

"Joe, I'm glad you could make it."

"Yeah, me too."

"There's just one thing I have to ask you, Joe?"

"What's that, Sonny?"

"You don't blame me for Siobahn's death, do you?" Sonny came out and asked, despite being afraid to ask.

Joe could feel his blood boiling, but managed to contain his anger. "No, Sonny, I've gotten over Siobahn's death."

"Whew!" Sonny said, relieved a bit.

"What do you mean by that, Sonny?!" Joe asked, starting to feel his anger rise again.

"That you don't blame me, is all?"

"But you killed my wife?!" Joe raged. "And you're not one bit sorry!"

"Joe, calm down!" Sonny said, trying to calm Joe down. "It's time you knew who was responsible for Siobahn's murder!"

"What the hell does that mean?"

"Julian!" Sonny confessed. "Julian Jerome is the one who took out a hit on Siobahn!"

"Julian Jerome?!" Joe questioned Sonny, confused. "You mean after all this time, you weren't the one?"

"No, Joe."

"I have a confession too." Joe said. "I was only here to avenge Siobahn's death."

Suddenly, there was a round of gunfire as Sonny and Joe took cover inside Sonny's home.