(32) Perhaps There Were Not Soulmates

I seriously have to start writing shorter chapters, sorry guys! X 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arabella woke up to the sound of the doorbell outside her flat. You couldn't explain why or how, but as she slowly and gently got out of bed, a massive and killing pain inside her head started developing. This pain was so annoying and aching that Arabella started to vaguely walk towards the kitchen, on the quest to find an aspirin that would cease her agony. But the irritating and constant sound of the doorbell made the pain even worse than it already was. Arabella looked at the clock that was on the kitchen wall; 2:57 in the morning. She came to the conclusion that probably in his way out Andrew would have forgotten his keys and was too desperate and even too drunk to remember that there was an extra key hidden on one of the flower pots near the entrance door. She walked exhausted and infuriated towards the door and presses the button.

"There's a key on the second flower pot next to the door you twat, move your ass and enter the flat by yourself" she said with a violent and loud voice.

She continued her interrupted quest and finally grabbed a glass of water and the beloved aspirin that she was craving for since she jumped out of bed a couple of minutes ago. After taking the aspirin, relief started to rush through her veins, and she kept on drinking the glass of water on one of the living room couches, waiting for Andrew to appear. Arabella perfectly heard the noise that the key made and the sound of the opening door.

"How can you possibly go out and forget your keys? You're seriously –" but as she took a closer look at who was standing at her door, she couldn't help but to open her eyes widely.

"Alex" she said finally with a shaking voice and a concerned tone "What are you doing here?"

"I need to tell you something" said Alex approaching her and sitting next to her on the couch.

Despite having him next to her, Arabella could perceive the massive distance that was actually separating them. As Alex leaned closer to her, Arabella looked at him with frighten eyes and with a heavy breathing.

"I can't do this right now, Alex" said Arabella rushing to the door and standing next to it, opening it in front of Alex's eyes, making it clear that she didn't wanted him there.

That action affected Alex terribly, although he didn't actually show it to her. He slowly and gently started to walk towards her and lay against the door, closing it with his back; he laid one of his arms on top of Arabella's head, but without really touching her, although he slowly enclosed her against the wall with his body.

"I'm not leaving until you heard what I've got to say" said Alex with a serious tone and expression; despite the fact that he looked cool and in control of the situation, his inner self was actually frightened of every move he actually made, hoping that she won't run away once again. Arabella looked at his deep brown eyes and waited for a couple of seconds before nodding with her head in approval.

"Arabella, I can't do this – being apart from you, even if it's only for a couple of minutes or a whole month or even a lifetime, I can't stand it. No matter what, I have to be near you because every time you're not around me my heart burns like a living Hell and my mind won't stop thinking about you" said Alex with extreme tenderness and seriousness, "I don't know what it is that you've done to me, but it's too late now, I can't go back to who I was before I met you, and I don't want to be who I was before you came into my life"

Arabella looked at him with guilty eyes and mortified expressions, each and every one of Alex's words were another deep wound inside her heart and mind.