Chapter 5

Chapter 5

(In case you didn't know, Harry and the others play football as in soccer)

I remained in my seat for the rest of the night after that. No one came up to talk to me, not even Niall. I didn't feel disappointed that Harry didn't talk to me again either, it was only expected. He would most likely never talk to me again, I mean, who wanted to be friends with me anyway? But then again, the words he'd said had really gotten to me. I had always told myself that it was impossible for anyone to want to be friends with me because I was an outcast, but his words had actually given me some kind of hope.

I didn't have any confidence whatsoever though. If I did, I wouldn't have told myself that I wasn't worth having friends. According to me, only the popular people seemed to matter to everyone at school anyway. No one cared about the others. Perhaps I should prove that they were wrong somehow? The only thing that remained though was how? What could I do?

I sighed and looked around the room. Bodies were still grinding on others, but I'd begun not to care about it anymore. It was probably something they did at parties, so why not try to get used to it?

I tensed as I caught sight of Harry dancing with Ashley. They were swaying along to the slow music, Harry's hands on her hips. I swallowed hard, averting my gaze from them.

My life was literally miserable. There was no doubt Harry was in love with her. He wore a smile on his face every time she was around him. But, I knew he wouldn't be with her for long, he always moved on pretty quickly. I didn't get why everyone was with him when they knew he would break up with them after a few weeks anyway... Okay, I did understand. I could kill to be together with him just for a day, but since he wasn't gay nor showed any sign of being into guys, that would sadly never happen.

I sighed, looking out on the dance floor again, but this time also trying to ignore Harry. I caught sight of another certain person instead; Niall was dancing with none other than Liam Payne himself. Their bodies were moving in sync to the music without barely any space between them. I couldn't help but smile. They were so cute together and I wished the best for them. Maybe Niall and I could go watch football together now...?

I smiled at the thought of not having to hide anymore, just sit on the bleachers acting as if I were there just to accompany Niall.

Oh, I hoped they were together already.

If they were, that meant an outcast was together with a popular student. That was a good start to prove everyone that outcasts were as worthy as everyone else. And it was a good start of my and Harry's relationship.

Wait, what am I talking about?! My and Harry's relationship?! We didn't even have one! Could you even consider us as more than strangers. I mean, we'd only talked once?! He would probably never talk to me again...

"Why are you sitting here all alone?"

I froze in my spot as I heard that voice. I recognized it very well, and I didn't dare turn around to face them, let alone reply to their question.

"Shouldn't you be at home, reading a good book?" the voice chuckled evilly.

I swallowed hard, squeezing my eyes shut. A hand moved from the back of my neck to my collarbone, causing me to shiver in discomfort.

"Won't you turn around, fag?" he whispered in my ear.

I was scared to death when I spun on my heel slightly.

Please don't hurt me, please.

There, in front of me was a familiar raven haired boy with brown eyes standing. The one and only Zayn Malik, also known as my bully.