Beginnings of a Friendship

You never really had many friends in your life. Actually, you didn't try to seek any out. Because you were content with your life as it was, the top at your school. You weren't approached much by other guys, other than crowds of ogling girls. In short, you were pretty emotionless. You focused most of your free time into studying for tests and quizzes, not like you really had to try. But it passed the time, and it was the one thing you enjoyed doing. Being able to take any problem and solve it. You also often stayed after school working on school president stuff, having been elected by your class.

But when you thought about it enough, it was a boring plain life. Just like you were.
Boring and plain.

It was in middle school when you finally made your first friend. Your second year, a vice president was elected. His name was Azusa Asahina. He was also popular with the girls. He had been in your class all of last year, but you never noticed, or noticed anyone in particular. Your world was made of gray, fuzzy figures. None of any significance to be of any vibrant colors in your life.

One day, while following you're usual schedule of staying after school to do work being the president, Azusa came in. "(Y/N), would you like any help?" he offered. Without looking up you shook your head.

"It's fine, I've got it" you replied, finishing up a paper allowing students to use their phones in the hallway, a discussion that's been argued between the teachers and students for awhile, finally being left to you to decide. You had to go through and make all kinds of exceptions to satisfy the teachers and allow them to satisfy the students.

Azusa sat down in the seat next to you anyways and picked up a different pile of papers you set off to the side, untouched. "For the school field trip? You calculate the budget as well?" Azusa hummed slightly, picking up a pencil. You nodded your head in reply. "Really? The accountant should be the one doing this" he sighed a little, looking through the papers as he began to fill them out for you. You decided not to protest against it, as you had to finish all the cellphone regulations.

After awhile of silence, Azusa decided to once again break it. "(Y/N), why do you stay after school alone doing all this work all the time. Shouldn't you be hanging out with the other guys?" he asked. You frowned at the distraction from your work.

"I'm not interested in hanging out with them" you said. "I don't need friends. It's not a necessity that I need in my life. It's just a distraction from my work and studies."

"...Isn't that a boring life though?" Azusa looked at you. Hearing what you've been thinking for awhile now you looked up finally at Azusa, your eyes widening a little bit. "Whether you like it or not, I'll be your one friend" Azusa smiled kindly at you.

And in all the monotone colors, there was one vibrant color that shined compared to all the dullness in your world.