Chapter 1

I opened my eyes, expecting to see the bright sun but instead, I saw darkness and little red lights popping up on the wall outside every couple seconds. I felt metal digging into my back and I jumped up, panicking and looking for a possible escape. I think I'm in an elevator. But will it ever stop? I began to bang the walls. I didn't exactly think that would do anything but maybe there was someone. Something. A possibility to get out of here. "Hello?!" I shouted. My voice was cracked and hoarse. My throat was dry and I wondered how long I'd been without water. What was I? Who was I? Where was I? I sat back down, stressed out and thought about it.

I remember the feeling of my feet in the warm sand, of water around my ankles, the feeling of rain on my face, the feeling of cold air around me, my only hope was a roaring fire in front of me. I remember a father somewhere out there we were supposed to believe in. I remembered love, hate, sadness, despair, hope, faith. I remembered smiling faces looking down at me, calling my name gently. But what was my name? Where did the face's voices go when they were supposed to be chanting my name? Was she my mother? Did I even have a mother? And is she alive right now, wondering where I am? I remember music, the lyrics and tunes of music, but not the names. I remembered my family somewhere out there singing me to sleep, hoping that the thunder outside wouldn't make me too scared to stay awake.

Suddenly, emotions crowded my brain and warm tears began to fall down my cheeks. I just want to go home. Where ever that was. I wanted to be back in the safe arms of an angel I called a mother, her chest rising and falling against my cheeks. I wanted to have a feeling of comfort and safety, something I could hold onto in this time of panic. I wanted something to light up this darkness. What was my name?! What are you?! Who are you?! I looked back deep into my brain, hoping for answers, but they never came. "A". A booming voice said. What?! A? Does my name start with an a?! Before I could analyze further but the elevator stopped, causing me to fall back into a pile of bags behind me. Oh no, please don't tell I'm stuck! I buried my face in my knees, holding them close to my chest. Please, let this nightmare be over!

I heard rattling above and I looked up to blinding light and that face in the light looking down at me. Unfamiliar, but still a face. All I wanted down there was someone to look up to. To tell me it's alright. "Bloody hell". The boy said in a thick British accent. I sniffled and looked up to a bunch more faces. All boys. "It's a girl".

Hey readers! I hoped you enjoyed my first chapter. Newwwwt.