Asleep

Italy quietly walked downstairs, after he had finished a painting and taken a nap in his 'Art Room', which was really just an extra room Germany had in his house that he let Italy use.

It was around 8:30 or 9:00, but Italy didn't care to check. He was just hungry after painting all day.

"Hey Germany, are you-" Italy stopped at the last stair step, looking at the couch with his head tilted a little,a slightly confused look on his face.

Germany had fallen asleep on the couch. While reading a book.

Italy cautiously and silently approached the sleeping Germany, wondering if he should wake him up or not.

Italy felt his stomach growl, so loudly that he was surprised it didn't wake Germany. 'When was the last time I ate?' He thought. 'I'm really hungry but should I wake Germany? Or,did he already eat? Ohhh...'

Italy sighed. "Hmm.." He stepped closer to Germany and examined the book he was reading. It seemed to be a new book he purchased not too long ago. He then looked up at Germany, who looked... peaceful. Italy smiled at that, he never really saw him like that. It was nice.

Italy then, as gently as he could, took the book out of Germany's hand. He looked around for a bookmark. He knew that Germany didn't like folding the corner of the page, like some people did. He liked keeping his books in pristine condition, not even the slightest folds where found in the oldest books in his library.

Italy sighed worriedly, putting a small piece of stray paper he found between the pages, not being able to find a bookmark. 'I guess he won't mind.' He thought.

'Okay...' Italy looked at Germany again, thinking. 'Oh!' Italy ran upstairs to his room, looking around in his closet for something. 'There! Perfect!' He ran back downstairs and unfolded a thin, but large, brown blanket. "It's not much, but I hope it's okay", He whispered to himself quietly, gently placing the blanket on Germany and tucking it in around his sides slightly, to make sure he didn't get cold.

'Perfect.' He thought again, nodding with content. "Good night,Germany", He whispered, smiling.

He had almost forgot he was hungry, so he went to the kitchen to fix himself a quick bowl of cereal so he wouldn't disturb Germany.

But before his hand even reached the refrigerator handle to get milk, he froze as he heard a low voice quietly say his name.

"Ger...many?"