Chapter 2

Your POV

I stepped outside.

Into the real world.

I can move my arms, my legs, I can breathe, clean oxygen was entering my body, into my lungs as I inhaled, and out when I exhaled.

This is what it felt like to be free. I forgot what freedom felt like long ago.

"Heh, hey (F/N), if you run now, you can get away from this place, you could go back to your old life" the Shinigami suggested to me.

"Not yet Ryuk, I will wait until the time comes" I whispered to the Shinigami.

"Miss (L/N), we will be taking you to headquarters now, there are a few people I would like you to meet" the man with the black hair explained to me as I was glaring at the Shinigami.

I nodded. I didn't want to give out information or speak to a man that I don't even know! But I guess there is only one way to find out....

"Hey, man with the black hair" I giggled insanely after finishing my sentence.

"Yes?" He said nonchalantly.

"What's your name?" I asked in a creepy tone. Jesus, I'm creeping myself out with my giggles and tone of voice....

"...." He paused for a bit before answering, "Ryuzaki".

"Kay-kay, Ryuzaki" I chuckled in a scary way once again before entering a black car, which was Supposedly Ryuzaki's car.

I remained silent, as did Ryuzaki and the grey haired man. Ryuk was sat in the seat next to me in his abnormal position.

"(F/N)!!!!!" Ryuk said in a whiny voice.

I hummed quietly in response.

"Just think about it. You could use your power against him. You could kill all of these people right now, either with the book, or a knife. You could get away"

"JUST STOP IT RYUK!" I shouted.

'Crap' I mentally facepalmed myself.

"Who's.... Ryuk?" Ryuzaki asked.

I stayed silent and remained staring at him with wide eyes. He raised an eyebrow before sticking a lollipop into his mouth.

Suddenly, the car ride came to a stop, and the grey haired man opened the door.

"We are here" The man said in a British accent.

"Thanks old dude!" I patted the man on the shoulder before jumping out of the car.

The three of us walked up to a tall building. We entered an elevator and Watari pressed the button for the top floor.

"In around 10 minutes the team will arrive and I want you ready to meet them. Take a shower, brush your teeth, do your hair and all the other essentials" Ryuzaki ordered you before the elevator doors opened.

~time skip~

'What to wear....what to wear....' I thought to myself, whilst I searched through the load of clothes.

I put on my outfit and looked into the large mirror.

I wore an oversized, black shirt with long sleeves and black skinny jeans. I didn't bother with shoes for now, so I just put some black socks on. Finally, I had my hair down and didn't brush it. I hate brushing my hair! And I also wore a black choker.

"Um, (F/N), there is someone I have to uh, go to, I will be back soon" the Shinigami said before he left to god knows where.

"(F/N), are you ready?" The old man knocked on my door.

"Yes" I cackled insanely.

"Come on, miss, they are here"

I opened the door and followed the old-dude to a room full of people.

"Ryuzaki, Konami is here" the old man pointed to me.

Hey! I'm not Konami! I'm (F/N) what are they on about?

"Ah yes, chief Yagami, this is Konami, she will be working by me in the Kira case"

"Hello Konami, it will be nice working with you" chief yagami shook my hand and I tried so hard not to laugh. In the asylum, we were never treated as nice as this.

I nodded and tried my best to give him a nice smile, my smiles tend to be quite creepy...

"Mr Yagami, Konami doesn't speak, she can, but she chooses not to, if there are any questions, I will answer them" Ryuzaki explained.

Mr yagami and the other men nodded.

"Please, everyone, one at a time I would like you to introduce yourself to Konami"

"H-hey, I'm matsuda" the guy called matsuda rubbed the nape of his neck whilst blushing.

"Hey matsuda! Stop getting ideas!" Joked a man with dark hair in a slight fro.

"Hi, I'm Shuichi Aizawa, matsuda is a bit of a flirt" Aizawa jokes once again before patting matsuda's shoulder.

"Hey! I'm not-"

"I suggest the two of you sit down now, you can carry on your quarrel later" Ryuzaki butted in.

"Fine" the two men groaned before falling to the sofa.

Another man stood up. He was quite large and had brown hair.

"I'm mogi, and this is Ukita" Mogi pointed towards the man with short, black hair.

Ukita casually waved before talking again quietly to Aizawa. I nodded and Mogi sat back down.

I sat down on the empty seat. Staring a the floor, not really paying any attention to anything.

"Isn't that right, Konami?" Ryuzaki said emotionlessly.

I raised my head up to look at him and shrugged.

"Do you even know what I was on about?" Ryuzaki said. I'm pretty sure he knew the answer, but I was playing along.

I shook my head no.

He sighed slightly and began talking nonsense once again with the task force.

~time skip~

"Miss Konami, I have a daughter who needs help with all of her homework, but my son can't help him because he has exams, I've heard from Ryuzaki that you are quite intelligent. Would you mind coming over to help her?" Chief Yagami asked me.

I looked at Ryuzaki for an answer and he gave me a slight nod. I then answered mr Yagami by giving him the same nod. He thanked me and drove me to his house.

I hope his family is nice.