A Cold Day in December Chapter Twelve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of Eriol right there on the side XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter Twelve

A BODY TO DIE FOR AND A FACE TO LIVE FOR

“Don’t you think we’re a little overdressed?” I smirked at Risto who was likewise eyeing the heated scene before us, mischief glimmering in his eyes.

“I think we’re good, besides, it’s raining outside,” he answered, snatching a glimpse of me. I took a breath and smelled the all too familiar mix of scents, my mouth already watering for alcohol. Minutes ago, we were just speeding across town, being drenched in the rain and practically enjoying the ride. I fought to remember the actual ride because of the awkward position I was put into. He didn’t lie to me when he said he’d do something about my bad mood.

The feel of his back and seemingly, scratch that, surely rock- hard abs on my palms brought a sudden rush of fire in me, but I gave no sign whatsoever about it. I guess he didn’t mind at all that I was clinging to him from behind the whole time while he drove his new motor bike like a bludgering drunk.

“I feel hot for some unknown reason,” I complained playfully, tugging at his jacket towards where the bar was located. “I’m craving for a drink, come on.” I tugged harder, almost running. “It has been so long since I’d had a decent drink!”

Suddenly, he grabbed my tugging arm and whirled me in place, right in the middle of the dance floor. “You’re not drinking anything,” he said sternly.

I raised an eyebrow before breaking into a laughing fit. “You,” I pointed a finger and jabbed him on the chest, “are the one who’s not going to get a drop of alcohol.” I turned away and started to tug him again, but he didn’t stir. “Okay fine!” I surrendered, rolling my eyes at him. “I promise I won’t get really drunk. Maybe just a couple of shots?” I pleaded. He sighed and shook his head. “Oh please? Just two??” I put my hands together in front of me in a prayer and begged.

“Only a shot,” he dictated. We were now getting stares from the people around us, throwing weird looks for being on the dance floor and not even jumping.

“One and a half?” I bargained loudly.

He shook his head. “One.”

“Why am I even asking your permission?” I wondered aloud, backing away from him amidst the plenty exposed skin I was making contact with.

“Because, in your own words, it’s a school night.” His face, partially blanketed in shadow and partially illuminated by the Technicolor strobes of light, had that authoritative and serious look. I gave him a full- on smirk before sprinting to the bar, looking forward to my first drink.

“Not so fast cowboy,” someone whispered in my ear while trapping me in a tight embrace. I annoyingly pushed whoever it was but my hands made contact with a brick wall. “Like what you’re touching?” The voice sent tingles down my spine, causing me to shudder and look up. “Hi there.” My eyes were greeted by pearly white teeth and a gorgeous face with a shock of blond hair. I looked behind me and saw Risto’s head making its way in my direction.

“Hello,” I answered, looking up and recognizing the face of the guy in the comfort room. “I’m sort of in a hurry, could you please get your arms off of me?” I asked pleasantly with a smile.

“Are you sure?” He countered cockily, his hands sliding down my back.

“Yes please,” I said with a large amount of breath, pressing my body into him. The guy grinned widely and tightened his embrace more.