Chapter 12: Problems For the Vongola Famiglia

Reborn sighed, watching his idiot student scream like a lunatic as he ran away from a pack of wolves.

The hitman looked at the note in his hand; it was a response to a message he sent out before.

Earlier, the baby mailed a note out to Vongola Nono:

Nono,
I must request for a different candidate.  Sawada Takahiro is not suitable for it.  He has hid behind a mask during the time spies have come to observe him.
There is another candidate, though, that I feel should be made the Vongola Decimo--and that would be Sawada Tsunayoshi.
Believe me, for I have seen the wonderful capabilities of that boy in being a caring and powerful Sky.

Signing off,
Reborn

Reborn had thought of sending a note to Iemitsu about making Tsuna the Vongola Decimo, but that man seemed to always...growl at the name when it was mentioned.

It made the hitman narrow his eyes.

'Iemitsu certainly favors Baka-Hiro...but why would that make the blonde idiot hate Tsuna?'

The baby sighed and looked at the response in his hand; it made him feel a bit better about the entire situation.

Reborn,
I understand that you are troubled, for I am also.  My intuition has been telling me that something's wrong with the choice of the candidate.  And Iemitsu...I have a bad feeling about his relationship with the younger son; I am worried for Tsunayoshi.
I'll try and see if I can make Tsunayoshi a candidate for the Vongola Decimo.
For now, please watch over both of them.  My son's team has been acting strange lately...I believe something will happen soon.
Be careful.

Sincerely,
Vongola Nono

Reborn frowned slightly at the last words in the note.

'Hm...will the Varia do something against the Vongola?'

On a branch behind him, a sparrow took off and fluttered away from the forest training grounds.

~~

Tweet~!

A brunet blinked in surprise before smiling.

He extended a hand out for a sparrow to land on his finger; he brought the bird inside his room.

"Well, anything to report?"

The bird went into a series of chirps and peeps, filling Tsuna in with everything he needed to know.

(O.D.D.- Ehehe...Tsunayoshi-san can communicate with animals like Reborn-san can do with bugs to get information. (ω))

Tsuna's eyes glowed slightly as he chuckled.

"Eh~?  So Xanxus and the others are coming soon, yes?"

The sparrow chirped an acknowledgement.

Tsuna chuckled once more as he set the bird on the table, where there was a little bowl of seeds; the sparrow happily chowed down on the small reward.

The brunet went over to his phone and dialed a familiar number.

"Hey, Hayato-kun?  Yeah, it's me.  I called to tell you that the Varia are coming soon."