Chapter 13

When I walked into the cafeteria many people were looking at me. I stopped between the door and stood while it got quiet and all eyes on me. Here I am the new kid and people are acting weird.

I continued walking toward the lunch line, I grabbed a platter board, a plate and silverware. Going through the line I still felt eyes looking at me.

Walking slowly to an empty table I sat down and started eating.

"Hi," Some really pretty girl with curly pigtails in her head. She wore baggy jeans with wholes in them, a white t-shirt, and combat boots.

"Uhh, hey." I said smiling at her. Since she was being really nice I decided to be really nice.

"Your the girl who stood up to Aubree Winters." She said. I looked around and everybody out their head down.

"What are you talking about?"

"Yeah. Your the new girl. Ummm, Kaylee.... Kaylee Thompson." She snapped. Wow she's a weird one.

"Yea... I did say something to that Aubree girl. Is there a problem about it?" I asked so annoyed to when she popped off at me this morning.

"Yes, Kaylee. Aubree Winters is huge. She like the most popular teen celebrity around the school. Nobody has ever talked back to her. Last time a girl popped off to her she made got the girl back, by posting a picture of her and some guy in their house doing it, on social media. The big thing about it is that, it wasn't even the girl. They did some really good photo cropping, to make it look like it was her. She got picked on badly, that her parents moved her into a private school. Aubree is like... The one." The girl said.

"Okay... Listen, whatever your name is-"

"Miracle Wright." She interrupted me.

"Listen, miracle, Aubree is a nobody. She's not perfect, I'm not perfect, or anyone is. She is just a person like you and I, and how I'm the heck did you know I said something to her?" I changed the subject.

"The whole school is talking about it." She spoke fast. I laughed sarcastically.

"My first day, I'm already the talk of the school. Whats next... I'll be the talk of the town?" I said sipping my drink.

"Well it is a small town. Toy should be careful." She shrugged her shoulders and pushed her glasses up. I'm not fully sure who she is. She didn't address it.

"Well that's even better." I carried my trash to the trash can. "Thanks for telling me miracle, but I think I can handle myself. I have lots of protection. What is Aubree? My fairy godmother." And with that the bell rung and I took a head start to my next class. Before going in I ran to the nearest bathroom to puke. Good thing no one saw me.

This schools lunch is not so great.

*After school*

I was sitting outside the school watching others get carried away by cars. I was still here waiting on Nathan. Where is he?

"Hey cutie. Need a ride?" Some jock with a Letterman and jeans on walked up beside me with his friends.

"No thanks. My ride will be here." I nodded my head. They all walked closer to me. I suddenly felt violated.

"Your the new girl. Kaylee Thompson? Wow, you are hot." One smacked my butt. They all gathered around me talking dirty and stuff.

"Stop." I pushed the one in lead of the pack. They laughed and continued talking dirty to me.

At that moment my hero came. He jumped out the truck with a bat in his hand.

"Get away now!"

"Nahh, sorry brother, but I think this one is all mine. First come first serve." The jock pulled me close, and grabbed my face.

At that moment Nathan grabbed the jocks head and threw him to the ground. The others backed away and Nathan ushered me to the truck and closer the door. "Perves!" I screamed.

'That's that Nathan dude who graduated last year.'

I wondered what they were talking about. Zooming into my thoughts Nathan said something I quite didn't understand.

"KAYLEE!" He semi-yelled scaring me. "What Nathan?" I looked over at him.

"Are you okay?" He touched my thigh. I nodded.

"You know anyone by the name of Aubree Winters. You remember her?" I turned to him. We were now at a red light so he made eye contact with me.

"Yeah. She was a senior last year, but got held back because at one time she was pregnant and she had a miscarriage. At 7 months. So they're making her do her whole senior year again." Nathan looked forward. I nodded and froze, feeling pain in my side.

"Oh god!" I held onto the middle of the seat I sat in.

Nathan got worried. It's only been a month. I can't lose my baby now. Please don't do this to me.

Drifting all in my thoughts, my sight suddenly went all black.

______________________________

Sorry for the short chapter. Promise to have more soon. I'm making another story you guys might enjoy. It'll be out once this one is over. So, well I'm the meantime, eat a worm, hug a deer, and lick a cow. Love you all!! Guys and girllssss....