Chapter 5

The next two days were a blur.

Averyn didn't come eat with me and I didn't expect him to on Wednesday but Thursday he never showed up which I was bummed. I mean of course it was going to be awkward on Wednesday and I would expect that but Thursday I thought he would come but he didn't.

Today was Friday, Tina and I were heading to lunch when I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist and I subconsciously smiled.

"Miss me?" A deep voice said.

I scoffed and said "No. Why would I miss you?" I said taking his arms off of me but then regretted it from the loss of warmth.

"Didn't seem like it the past two days" He smirked.

"Whatever" I said smiling a little and rolling my eyes.

We walked into the lunch room and everyone looked at Averyn. The football players started talking and looking at Averyn and I. Of course all the girls were day dreaming about him and some where even glaring at me.

I felt a strong but rough hand intertwine with mine and I looked down to see Averyn's finger intertwined with mine. I looked up at him and he was smirking.

Course he wasn't just doing this because he wanted too or felt like it, he wanted to put on a show.

We walked too the line and I grabbed a salad and an energy drink and Averyn grabbed a chicken sandwich and Cheetos and a water bottle.

How does this boy not gain weight?

"I'm buying your lunch" Averyn said.

"Why? I can buy my own" I said as I started to place my money on the counter but another hand beat me.

"Not today, Princess" He chuckled.

We walked to our table and sat down.

"When are you going to learn not to come here?" A irritated voice said.

Our heads snapped to see Jax standing there.

"I know not to be here," He paused, "When are you going to learn that your goonies will never beat me. Even if there were more than four"

Jax sent guys to beat him up? Is that why he was never here?

"I wouldn't have to send them if you would have listened to stay away" Jax growled.

"When have I ever listened to you, Staughman?" Averyn said standing up and he was only like two inches taller than Jax.

Jax didn't even respond. He punches Averyn in the gut and Averyn stumbles a little. Averyn looks at him with angry eyes and attacks him. The whole lunch room starts crowding around Averyn and Jax, Tina and I were in the circle but not close to them.

"Do something!" Tina hissed.

"Okay, okay" I replied.

I went up to them and Jax was on top of Averyn straddling, Averyns waist and punching and luckily Averyn blocked every one.

"Jax stop!" I yelled at him but he just ignored me.

I went up to him and with all my strength pushed him off of Averyn and thankfully it worked. I helped Averyn up and his lip was cut and he had a bruise starting to form on him eye and jaw.

I looked at Jax and he was breathing heavily.

"Jax" I said his name and he was still glaring at Averyn.

"Jackson Lee Staughman" I said using him full name and he looked at me. "I don't know what you did over the past two days but stop. Its a free country and he's my boyfriend. So leave me alone. Better yet, leave us alone" I hissed out.

"Princess, I'm sorry" he said trying to grab my hand as he used his nick name for me.

"Don't freaking touch me" I growled. "And you don't have the right to call me that anymore." I said backing away from him but then ran into Averyn.

I turned around and looked at Averyn and he looked down at me.

"Can you please go back to your school?" I pleaded.

"Yeah, I'd rather be there than here anyways" he said looking at Jax.

"Don't pick me up either, we have the game to night" I said.

"Okay," he said. He looked down at me and kissed my forehead, "I'll see you tonight. Your going  down, Staughman" Averyn said before heading out the door.

I looked at everyone and they were looking at Jax and I.

I looked at Tina and grabbed my back pack and headed out the lunch room door.

I can't believe Jax started that! He had the nerve! Ugh!

----------------------

The day went on and throughout the day Jax tried getting my attention. I was now going to cheer and I couldn't wait till the game. The only thing is, is that when our team wins I would run into Jaxs arms. Now Kally can do that. But if Averyns team wins I can go to him.

I don't know why but that felt satisfying. I felt safe with Averyn when I was with him or around him. I was warm in his embrace.

I think your falling for him my subconscious said.

What ew gross no! Never in my life!

Yeah keep telling yourself that, Honey she said.

I walked out in my uniform. Our uniforms were gold, black, and silver. Your typical colors for us. It was an off the shoulder kind. Your left arm had a sleeve and your right arm didn't. It was like a sports bar so it showed your torso. We had your average skirt that was black with gold hems and silver jems and same with the top. We have black and gold POM's and black cheer shoes.

We got in our triangle by the stands with me in the front and Tina on the right side as my co-captain and Kally on my left side.

I turned around to give them a prep talk. "Okay girls. Let's give them our team spirit. And if a guy hits on you, like most of the football players, just ignore them unless your dating them. So let's get hyped up and let's go!" I said and the girls went off in sqeals and cheers.

We ran out and our side of the team of students went wild. Cluding the boys. We went to our spots talking and when I looked on the field I saw both teams on the field getting ready for the game. But one person stood out to me on the other team, the rivals team. Number 33. The player took off his helment looking at me and I saw Averyn. He was already starting to sweat from practicing. I saw him smirk and check me out and I flushed. His eyes met mine again and he winked at me. Another player went up to him and Averyn was still looking at me. The player finally got his attention.

He looked at me one more time before winking and walking off, while putting his helment on.

"Wow...You have him wrapped around your finger" Tina said coming up to me.

"More like he has me around his finger. God, I think I'm starting to like him" I sighed.

"But wasn't the plan not to fall for him?" She said.

I just nodded my head.

Then the game started.