Chapter 18

Author's note:

SURPRISE! I'm back! I'm so sorry that it's been over two years since I updated last. There was just so much going on and then I forgot about Wattpad (I know I know. Shame on me!) and things have been hectic. But anyways I'm going to try and get back on track and finish this story. I wanted to thank all of my followers that read my works from the beginning and all my new followers that just started following me.

I hope you enjoy this new installment of The Days That Came... and tell me what you think. This part is just in Johnathon's POV.

:REMINDER:

"I seemed to have gotten off on the wrong floor." The elderly woman said. She was clutching her purse in her hand and a cane in the other.

"What floor do you need ma'am?" I asked, offering to press the desired button.

"16th please. Oh you're such a nice boy. I have a granddaughter that is around your age. She's terrific. She's studying to become a doctor." I smiled and pressed the button and stepped back again. The old woman stared at the doors for a second or two and sighed. Then she turned toward me and smiled, while saying,

"I have a granddaughter your age. She's going to become a doctor." I smiled back at her and motioned to Cara behind me,

"That's lovely ma'am, but I already have a girlfriend." Cara's eyes narrowed slightly, and I just winked at her. The elderly woman just "tsk'd" at me and waved a hand.

Just then the doors opened again on the 16th floor and the woman smiled and walked out. After the doors shut, I could feel Cara's eyes on me. I turned around and signed,

'I only said that so she wouldn't try to set me up with her granddaughter.'

'But you could have at least warned me.'

Johnathon's POV:

I stood there with Cara until the doors opened on the top floor. I held out my hand for her to hold but she just walked on by me towards her door. I smiled and walked behind her. I opened the door for her after she unlocked it and once she shut it, I swiveled on my heel in her direction.

'Get dressed to go out. Your best outfit. Do your hair and makeup and meet me downstairs in two hours. I'll be back I promise.' I quickly added on the end when her eyes widened. I wanted to ease her pain and discomfort but with me she's only going to have more. I at least want to take her mind off of the day she had and take her some place nice.

'Where will we be going?' She asked me. I smiled at her.

'Some place grand. I have to go to my hotel and grab some clothes. Remember to dress to the nines.' She nodded and walked by me. I grabbed her arm before she can get too far.

'When I leave I want you to lock all the locks on the door and move a chair under the handle.' She nodded once more and gently took her arm back. I waited until I heard the bath water running before I left. I didn't want to see her in a robe.

As I waited for the elevator to show up I looked at my bank statement again. I can't believe he gave me this much when I haven't even done anything yet. She must be something special to him if he sent me after her and gave me such a bonus. I knew I wanted to get paid but I wasn't expecting this much. I stepped inside the elevator and pressed the button for the doors to close. I put in my headphones and pressed shuffle in my music app on my phone. River flows in you by Yurima remix started playing. I loved piano music and this just gave it an added boost. I put it on repeat. I turned the volume up on max and closed my eyes briefly.