21 | glacius

A/N

Probably one you're looking forward to.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

2 1

g l a c i u s

Conjures ice.

"BEST. CHRISTMAS. PRESENT. Ever," were the first words to break the silence. They came from Theo, who stared at the cloak with gleaming eyes. "Can I borrow it?"

Draco shot him a flat look. "You're not going to use it for shagging purposes."

"I wasn't going to – "

"You're not going to use it to watch people shag either."

Now Theo scowled. "Killjoy."

Draco opened his mouth to retort, but a tiny laugh from Hermione made him glance over at her. His eyes softened as he took the expression on her face in – the light on her face and the gentle curve of her lips. Merlin, he'd almost forgotten how beautiful her smile was.

"Oh, I see what this is," Theo's eyes flickered between Draco and Hermione, an impish grin spreading across his face. "You're going to use it, aren't you? You're going to shag under it and that's why I can't have it!"

Hermione blushed rapidly, while Draco shot Theo a deadly look. "No one is shagging under it because it belongs to Harry fucking Potter."

There was a startled pause.

And then Blaise broke in with, "I see. So you're thinking that if you shag under it then maybe saint Potter wouldn't want it back and you'll get to keep it. Brilliant idea, Draco, just brilliant."

Actually, that was a brilliant idea – not the shagging bit (okay, maybe the shagging bit too, Draco would be lying if he claimed that thought hadn't crossed his mind the moment he saw the Cloak of Invisibility) – but the idea that they'd get to keep the Cloak for future missions.

It'd certainly work better than the disillusionment charm for hiding purposes.

Well, and shagging purposes too.

Draco almost scowled as he thought of that. Fucking Zabini had put the idea into his head and now he couldn't stop thinking about it.

Shooting a brief glance at Hermione, whose cheeks were still crimson – was she thinking of something along the same lines too? – Draco firmly shoved all awry thoughts out of his mind and concentrated on the matter at hand instead.

"You remember Johnny Martins?" He asked the three Slytherins. "Fresh initiate, always with his friend Guthrie?" They nodded and he continued, "Apparently, he was an Order member for the past year, only to defect to the Dark Lord three months ago. Since then, he's worked under MacNair's orders. Stealing the Cloak from Potter was just one of his many jobs."

"Wait," Blaise cut in, realisation rapidly dawning on his face. "So MacNair's part of the Peverells too?"

"It's unconfirmed. But it seems fairly likely that he'd ask Martins to locate one of the Deathly Hallows. Parkinson—" Draco turned to Pansy. "Get a phial. You can all view Martins' memories whenever."