Chapter XI

(I'm gunna have to start googling roman numerals soon hahaha)

[unedited]

Aria followed wherever she went. Like an excited puppy going on an adventure. Celia glared at Cassius as he sat on a small table under a thick oak near the meeting hall. Stupid boy, she thought to herself as she ripped thin strands of grass from the ground. Fiddling with the fine, long green strands she looked at the girl who sat in the shade next to her. The were under a completely different tree at the top of the hill looking over the lake.

Aria sat up straight, her eyes watching the light reflect off the unmoving mass of water below them. Her ears were on stand up, listening contently if Celia asked her to do something. Instead her Alpha Female fumed silently, throwing glares in every direction, waiting for her mate to ask what was wrong so she could bite his head off.

Celia planned what she was going to say in her head. When he asked what was wrong she would say, what's wrong? What's wrong is that you put a bow on Aria's head a gave her to me like she was a pet! She hadn't thought of anything else to say, but by the time he asked she would have an encyclopedia-sized speech prepared.

"You know there is a place we can swim in the dam, I could take you there if you wish. It is a great day for it," Aria suggested looking up at the cloudless sky.

Her voice, soft and melodic drifted to Celia's ears. She caught hold of the altered pronunciation of vowels and turned her head towards the small girl. "You Kiwi?" She asked bluntly. Celia couldn't help but stare at her left eye as Aria watched her curiously. A large chunk of her piercing blue eye was replaced with a deep brown that stuck out like a sore thumb. It was strange in a beautiful way, a way Celia was not yet used to.

"Why did you come here?" She asked her softly. Aria smiled nervously. She wanted to show strength to her Alpha Female, but in brute honesty, people with high positions made her bones quicker with unforgivable fear. The two girls hadn't clicked. They were like puzzle pieces. From a distance it looked as if they would snuggle together perfectly, but when you put them close, the pieces clashed, unwilling to sit next to each other. The colours were all wrong.

"Earthquakes," she replied simply. "My father was well acquainted with the high chef in this pack, which is why we were able to join. It is also one of the reason's why I was chosen for you. Many fought for this position to serve you," Aria picked at the loose grass that had fallen from Celia's lap and began to tear the pieces down the middle. Her bitten down, uneven nail dug into the crevice of the thin blade and her delicate fingers grabbed each side. The soft hairs on the underside licked her fingertips as she began to pull either side of the blade apart, watching contently as it tore down the middle until it went off the side and ripped part of it off. Sighing in defeat, she threw the broken blade down.

"No I don't wish to swim today. I have a mate to yell at," Celia replied, turning away from her and reclining her body into the thick overgrowth. Hair falling around her like a halo, Celia watched the still leaves whispering above her. The sun's unforgiving rays pierced through them, allowing small patches of light to dance across her skin. She didn't know how to act around her new Omega friend. She refused to use her as a slave, she was one of the few that was against it. Closing her eyes, she tried to feel the soft wind that never came. The pendant felt like a heavy weight against her chest.

Lifting the flat circle-like pendant, Celia inspected the intricate design. She had yet to decipher what the beautiful carvings meant. She had the feeling it was important, the way everyone reacted when Aleara's hands reached for the delicate necklace. "The Alpha is coming," Aria whispered nervously, more for her own sake than anyone else's. She had yet to grow used to the power he emitted.