17 || Unplanned Apologies

// for Max, who made the AMAZING cover in the multimedia section //

You know me, I like making things sad so expect that in this chapter. I don't have much to say other than this chapter involves Dimitri and June and while they aren't the most brightest pair, I love writing about them. I don't quite like their friendship because of how wrecked it's become but their friendship is so great to write! So I hope you enjoy this chapter. You'll love the next chapter ;)

E N J O Y !
_ _ _ _ _

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
Unplanned Apologies

Ever since Dimitri Remirez got back with Amanda Obereen he never left her side. No, he wasn't clingy. He was just trying to stay well away from Juniper. However, when Juniper's and Amanda's friendship was reignited, it got harder and harder for Dimitri to avoid Juniper. Every time he saw her he would think of what she'd done but over the week he had a lot of time to think to himself and he realised what Juniper had accused of his father's monstrosity was true.

Juniper was sick and tired of the cold shoulder she received from Dimitri. She'd often laid on her bed as she stared at the ceiling and mulled over their good times together. Why had she kissed him? What on earth was she thinking when she did that? She had known how Dimitri felt yet she let her emotions get the better of her by thinking that in all this sadness he might respond. She scoffed at herself as she thought of how desperate Dimitri must have thought she was. She couldn't be more embarrassed of herself.

And even though she was tired of taking all the blame, she couldn't bring herself to confront Dimitri and ask for forgiveness like she had done Charlie and Amanda. She had overstepped her limits with Dimitri and asking for forgiveness from him was not only frightening but it didn't seem right after all she had put him through.

So she waited. She waited until he realised what sort of person his father was and if her action against his father was for the better or for the worse. After all, Juniper had done all this for him because she cared for him more than a friend should.

It was two weeks before graduation when Dimitri finally accepted the fact that his father was locked up for his benefit and decided that he needed to fix things with Juniper - or at least talk to her.

"Hey," he said somewhat awkwardly as he stood behind her as she exchanged books through her locker.

She turned around hesitantly and looked at him for a few seconds, her heart beating rapidly within the confinements of her chest. "Hello," she replied.

"We need to talk."

She nodded and a smile easily slipped onto her pink lips. "What's up?"

"How about we head for ice-cream. School's over so, um, we talk over ice-cream..?"

"Sure," she said without thinking twice. She couldn't help but think about how Amanda had suggested the same thing. Had Dimitri and Amanda talked about Juniper and all the horrible things she was trying to make up to?

"Great!" He sounded relieved. "Can we take your car? My car-"

"Existed centuries ago," she finished, nudging his shoulder teasingly.

An all too familiar smile slipped onto his adorable features. "Oh, shut up," he groaned rolling his eyes. He was trying to give some sort of annoyed vibe to Juniper but his smile didn't help his situation.

"That's something the Great Juniper Stauff is incapable of doing," Juniper smiled deviously as she put her hands on her hips and thrust her chin up in mock pride.