X

Arrival

"YONA!"

That voice...why does it have to make my heart beat faster than usual, dammit!

I calmly turned around to find the two fast approaching me. Hak in his usual indifferent self while Soo-Won in his usual cheery demeanor. I beamed and ran towards them, intent on giving them a huge glomp. I tackled them and we ended up falling on the ground.

"I missed you guys!" I told them. I got up slightly and took a good look at the two this time. "Wao! You've grown so much since the last time I've seen you!"

"Jealous, princess?" Hak asked me with a smirk on his face.

"Mou~Don't say that! I'm bound to get taller eventually!"

"Ahaha, don't worry, Yona. I'm sure you'll get taller too." Soo-Won reassured me with a bright smile. I smiled back and got off them this time. Hm? Something's missing... I thought as I checked myself.

"Oh, what's this? A book?" Hak suddenly said and I watched him pick up a very familiar shape from the floor. "The Legend of How The Five Tribes Came To Be?" He read out loud the title of the book.

"Ah! That's mine! Please give that back to me, Hak." I asked immediately. 

He suddenly grinned and waved it from side to side as he held it out in front of me between his forefinger and thumb. "So this is yours, princess?" I nodded at once while holding out my hands for him to give it to me. I looked at him expectantly.

As my eyes drifted to his sharp blue eyes, I noticed a slight hesitation appear in his eyes. It seemed like he was contemplating on doing something mean to me but thought against it.  For a moment, we had a staring contest before he sighed and decided to give up. He gently dropped the book in my hands and I hugged him in gratitude. 

"Thanks, Hak! This book is one of my favorites!" I grinned as I let go and then bounded off to Soo-Won so he wouldn't feel left out.

"...not this feeling again..." I heard him mumble.

Eh?