DK

You walked along the shore at the beach crying. You saw your boyfriend making out with another girl at the pier. Your heart shattered and you had no choice but to go up to him slap him in the face and break up with him.  You two have been going out for at least 2 years now and it was now over. 

Your phone then started ringing.

"Hello?" You tried to lighten up your voice.

"____, we need you at the hospital right now. I know your shift is over but we have a patient you need to take care of"

"Okay, I'll go right now" you hung up and  drove over to the hospital.

"Annyeonghasaeyo" you greeted the employees at the front desk.

"Why is your face like that ____?" One of them asked.

"Stuff....sugohasaeyo(work hard)"  you bowed and walked to your office. Setting your bag down and putting on your uniform, you glanced over at the picture of you and your ex. You picked it up and stormed out of the room.

"____, it's room 4207" the doctor who called you told you.

"Alright thanks" you smiled and reported to the room.

You opened the door carefully and closed it. On the bed you saw a guy lying down playing with his phone.

"Um...sir?" You cleared your throat.

The guy looked up and smiled "hi"

"Mr. Dokyum ssi? I'll be your doctor starting from today and until whenever you leave" you approached him and started checking his vitals.

"Yay, I got a pretty doctor" you blushed.

"Thanks for the compliment but no flattery accepted" you teased. "So I heard you have an ear surgery coming up soon?"

"Yeah...it sucks...."

"Haha it'll be fine I can promise you that" you laughed,  "can unbutton the first 2 buttons so I can check you heartbeat" you pulled out the stethoscope from your pocket and didn't realize the picture of you and your ex fell out. As you check his heartbeat your face went closer. And you heard his heart beat faster. Dokyum noticed your red eyes.

"Did you cry??" He looked at you?

"Oh...haha does it show?" You laughed nervously, "well thats it for today..I'll come back tomorrow" you left the room.

Dokyum POV

When ____ left the room I reached over for a glass of water when I saw a picture of her and some guy next to her. I bent over the bed and picked it up. "Is this what she was crying about? They broke up?" I frowned and put it in my pocket.

Your POV

NEXT DAY

"Where did I put it? I'm pretty sure I had it with me" you walked around the whole hospital panicking.

"What's wrong ____?" Another doctor asked.

"Oh it's nothing just looking for something" you smiled and continued looking for it. You looked at your watch and saw you needed to check Dokyum again. You walked fast to his room.

"Hey Dokyum, how ya feeling today?" You started writing down his vitals.

"Good, my surgery is later today"

"You'll do fine" you put your hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks" he smiled and placed his hand on top of yours. "Oh yeah," he puller out something out of his pocket, "is this yours?" You saw it was the picture you were looking for the whole time.

"Oh my god yes! Where did you find it?!" You grabbed it and put it in your pocket.

"On the floor..." he laughed

"Thank you so much..." you smiled.

"Dr. ____, can we go outside for a walk? It's kind of boring in here"

"Sure" Dokyum got out of his bed and the two of you walked out to the garden.

"I constructed this garden, isn't it pretty?" You smelled the flowers nearby.

"Haha its nice" Dokyum touched the flowers.

As the two of you walked, you talked way more. You guys got close within minutes.

"Well you have to go get ready for you surgery now" you put your hands in you pocket and started walking back until Dokyum grabbed your hand.

"____...you know...you have to forget about him...he's no good for you"

"Dokyum....how did you know..."

"Your red eyes yesterday, the picture on the floor? It kinda makes sense" he looked up at you, "there's a better guy out there for you ____ just believe that" he smiled and walked ahead of you.

"Dokyum...."

You walked with Dokyum as he lied down on the bed going to the surgery room.

"Dokyum..."

"Hm?" He looked at you.

"Thanks for what you told me earlier" you smiled at him and grabbed his hand. "Hwaiting!"

"Thanks ____" he grasped your hand tighter.

*after surgery*

You ran to Dokyum's to after hearing that his surgery ended.

You entered his room and saw him still sleeping. You sat by his side and smiled.

"Surgery went well Dokyum. Haha good job" you were about to stroke his hair but you stopped yourself. What am I doing? No no no... you put your hand back on your lap. ____....you like him....just admit it...he helped you, comforted you, way better than that jerk...

You held onto his hand, "I'm glad we met, honestly I don't know how I would've gotten over him if it weren't for you..." you touched his cheek. "Thanks again..." you slowly let go of his hand and stood up about to leave until his hand grabbed your wrist.

"Y-you were awake??" You were embarrassed and started turning red.

"Yeah..." he sat up and pulled you closer. "I've been wanting to ask you something"

"What..." you said nervously biting your lip.

"I know you just broke up and stuff but I really like you...no I love you...can you give me a chance?"

"Dokyum...."

"I'll take that as a n-"

"Yes, of course I'll give you a chance...I'm pretty sure you heard everything I said so" you smiled.

"Thanks ____" he pulled you in and kissed you.

"I love you ___"