We’re back in the bridge.

We used to bike here before. He’s the driver, I’m the free rider. I stopped walking. He stopped too. I don’t know why.

Something’s making me feel uneasy.

The air around us suddenly changed. Facing the metal barrier of the bridge, he stood a few steps away from me. I could see his frame  from behind. But something looked gloomy.

He’s sad. I could see it from his back even if he didn't tell me.

Why?

We were happy just a while ago? Then I saw him threw the flowers one by one to the river below the bridge.

 “What’s the matter? Is everything alright?” I said but I felt worried. Nervous but didn't know why. It’s like something unpleasant is coming. 

“I’m glad. I’m glad that I am able to see you again today. I thought I’ll never see you again.” He said in a low voice. It was too low in volume that I almost couldn’t hear it. 

“That’s right. We’ve been separated for three years. I really missed you Jane.” He continued. 

“Huh? What are you talking about? It was only a year you dummy. Are you high or something?” I said while trying to laugh. As he turned to face me, what I saw confused me. He looked sad, anguished and in pain.

The twinkles of his eyes were gone. It looked mournful and dull. He forced to smile but the faint touch of sadness and desperation leaked on his face.

Finally, tears flowed from his eyes down to his cheeks. 

“It’s been three years Jane I’m already studying in a university to pursue my medical studies like we promised. And yesterday, I …” 

The words seemed funny to my ears. I couldn’t even believe it.

Was that a joke? 

“A-are you kidding me? Don’t kid like that Jack. You’re scaring me!” The words he uttered keep on replaying in my mind for like three times.

“It’s been three years Jane. And yesterday, I visited your grave.”

“And yesterday, I visited your grave.”

“I visited your grave.”

 These words echoed to my ears continuously. It wouldn’t stop until it finally strucked me. 

“Don’t act like you knew nothing Jane. I saw you. You were looking for yourself in the bench earlier.” His eyes turned cold it’s scary. 

“What looking for myself? I don’t know what you’re talking about Jack stop scaring me like this!” I shouted I’m scared.

I’m scared. 

“What are you talking about this is so confusing!” I continued. “I know you saw it. And you got scared.”

I didn't want to admit it but he's right.

Earlier, I got nervous and scared.

I couldn’t see my reflection in the water. I didn’t have a shadow either.

But I ignored it. I acted all normal when Jack came back. Nothing's wrong with me!

Right?

Suddenly I feel lightheaded, dizzy and weak. Memories of that day suddenly came rushing back into my mind. Like an empty pale, its like the faucet has been opened that filled the pale with water until it’s full.