Chapter 26

The room was filled with freezers, still plugged in and working!
"Heres the switches dan" lindsey said, I went to them examining them carefully.
"This one should do it" I said, flipping the only switch that was on. The lights shone bright above us. I heard josh cheer for us.
"We did it! I said excitedly. This place was filled with food, we could plug in the heaters, cook food, it was a perfect place for us.
"Amazing." Josh said hugging us both.
"Ok, I'm going to get some of the wood from the back to nail to the windows. You guys want to see what they have here?" He asked. We shook our head. As we took amelia, she smiled at seeing lights. Of course she seen the sun before, but I know she could tell that what was happening was a miracle.
"Mommy?"
"What?"
"Why aren't we at home?"
"We cant go home...those bad icky things are there."
"When are we going to be safe again? Or go home?"
"I dont know sweetie, its hard to say, we might not be home for a while, but you are always safe with me"
"And me" lindsey said. Amelia ran to lindsey. She picked her up and smiled. We checked the freezer stuff, it wasn't freezing but it wasnt fully Thawed. It was still in good shape. We moved on to the bagged things, and the pop. Which all expired in 2018. We couldnt help but smile at how lucky we were. There were the ipads, phones, tvs, radios. You name it. All in good shape.
"Danny.."
"What?"
"Look.." She pointed to a radio. I ran to it, unboxing it and looking for an outlet. One of these trucker radios was our answer to getting out of here.
"The outlets over here!!!!" Lindsey said.
"It is mom!" Amelia said next. I went over to the outlet, and plugged it in.