XXXIII - Elfa

After they pulled apart it was obvious that Severus was feeling very well indeed. It was also obvious that it wasn't just because of the potion and that made Elfa feel happy that she could contribute to his happiness. She could see him close his eyes and when he leant his head against hers, she let her own eyes drift close and just enjoyed the contact quietly, but with a smile on her face.

She could feel that he was nervous, but she didn't know about what. He moved away from her a little and looked around the classrom as if searching for something. She just wanted to ask him something when he interrupted her train of thoughts with a very peculiar question. After he cupped her chin and made her look at him he uttered those words,

"I don't know how far you want this to continue... hell, neither do I. But I'd like to see."

She felt her face heat up again as she let her lips stretch in one of the more brilliant smiles of hers as she moved her hands so that they were holding the hand that was holding her chin as she opened her mouth to reply in a soft voice,

"All I know is that I want to be with you. I've been dreaming about this day for so long now, but I was too afraid to tell you something because I thought that you might reject me. How could I know that you felt the same?"

She fell silent for a few seconds, all the while watching Severus's eyes.

"I'd rather the relationship evolve spontaineously. I don't want to force you into anything you aren't yet ready to do, and I'd like it if we didn't lie to each other. I don't really think that relationships should be based on lies."

----------------------------------

Author's note: I've seen some of you complain about the age difference... so I ask you - how is that any different than with Quil Aetera and his imprint Claire, or even Edward and Bella (He's 109 and she's 18! He's practically ancient! Or Jacob and Renesmee (she's just a baby!). Also, I don't think that age matters much if you're in love. If you find your other half, your imprint, your soul mate, it shouldn't matter how old they are - love just is.