Chapter 1: Big News *Edited*

Charlotte's POV

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I groaned as I slammed my hand on the alarm clock, shutting it. I dug my face into the pillow and went back to sleep.

"Char, get up!" my mother exclaimed entering my room and making her way towards me.

"Just five more minutes," I begged, keeping my eyes shut.

"No, get up. You don't want to be late for school," she said as she pulled the covers off me. 

The cold air surrounded me and I shivered slightly moving to get off my bed. My feet made contact with the cold floor and I cringed lifting them back up before putting them back down and letting them get used to the cold. 

I headed to my bathroom stretching my arms and yawning, scratching the back of my head and releasing my hair from its bun. 

I stripped out of my clothes and got into the shower, not waiting for the water to warm up. I quickly shampooed my hair and scrubbed my body before jumping back out. I wrapped a big, fluffy towel around me and exited the bathroom heading to my closet. 

I picked a pair of white shorts and dark blue cami with a white cardigan. Pairing my outfit with a pair of cute white sandals, I used the towel and started to dry my hair before running a brush through it, tying it into a messy bun. 

After I was satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs for breakfast.

My mom was by the stove cooking some scrambled eggs while my dad read the newspaper as he drank his coffee. I greeted them both, taking my seat at the table and quickly having my breakfast while making sure to keep track of the time on my watch.

Once I was done I kissed both my parents on the cheeks and headed out. I walked towards my car and entered. 

I reached the school in ten minutes and got out of the car, scanning the premises for two specific people. Spotting them I made my way towards them.

"Sup?" I said beside my best friend's ear making her jump in surprise.

"Char, don't scare me like that." she said as she playfully smacked my arm.

"Sowwy Jazzy. Forgive me?" I asked in a baby voice as I gave her the puppy dog face which I knew she couldn't resist.

"Ugh you know I can't resist the puppy dog face." she whined.

"Course you can't. I mean I'm adorable." I bragged flipped my hair.

"Keep telling yourself that." she patted my head and we both turned to look at our other best friend who was watching us with amusment.

"Hey Lucas," I said fist pumping him. 

"Hey, Char."

Jasmine -aka Jazzy -and I started chatting as we walked towards our lockers. We were very lucky as all our three lockers were beside each other, the very reason we all became friends. We immediately clicked when we spoke to each other on that fated day when we all met at our lockers. 

As usual, I noticed Lucas exchanging looks with Jasmine, or staring at her or her staring at him. I wonder how long they'll both be staying oblivious about their feelings or get the courage to tell each other that they liked each other.

Neither of them exactly told me that they liked each other, but there were too many hints that I could just feel it. 

That or they're dating and hiding it from me.

For now, I'm just going to keep it to myself and continue to see how long they're going to be cutely clueless.

Once we had all gotten the books we needed, we went our separate ways to our respective classes.

Classes passed by in a blur and before I knew it, it was already lunch break. I headed to the bathroom after telling my friends to meet me at the cafeteria. 

I opened the door to be welcomed by the sound of a sobbing girl being comforted by her friend. I already knew why she was crying. 

After I was done, I headed out and started walking to the cafeteria when I bumped into something. I knew it was definitely not a wall since walls didn't have arms. 

I looked up to see the devil himself. The reason the poor girl in the bathroom was crying. I quickly moved away from his arms and glared at him. 

He raised an eyebrow smirking, "You're welcome." He said.

"For?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Oh, you know. The fact that I saved your life." He replied.

"Yeah 'cause falling down would've killed me," I said sarcastically then walked away.

"Umm concussions?" he sassed back.

"I wouldn't exactly fall on my head just because I bumped into you," I retorted before leaving him at that. 

I reached the cafeteria and entered making my way to the food line and getting myself something to eat before meeting up with my friends. 

"You would not believe who I bumped into." I started ranting. 

My dislike of Andrew Kingsley was quite well known. 

I just didn't like how he broke girls' hearts like that. 

"It's okay char, it's not like you guys will have to cross paths again," Jasmine comforted.

"I sure hope so."

The day passed quickly and luckily it was time to go home. After I said bye to both of my friends at the parking lot, I got into my car and headed home. 

"I'm home!" I yelled as soon as I entered. I headed to the living to find both my parents sitting on the couch. 

"Sweetheart, we need to talk to you." my mom told me.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked.

"No. Did you do anything to get you in trouble?" my dad asked.

"Nope," I replied.

"Well, sweetie. Your father and I need to go away for a few weeks for work." my mom said.

"Define few weeks," I said.

"A month or two." she replied.

"Two months?!" I asked shocked.

"Or one." she corrected me.

"So you're like gonna leave me here alone?" I asked not hating the idea completely.

And no, I wouldn't be throwing parties or anything, the most rebellious thing I would do would be walking around in my underwear.

"No. We asked a friend of ours and they are more than happy to let you stay with them til we come back," she told me.

"Oh ok," I replied.

"We'll be leaving tomorrow since it's Saturday so, start packing your bags today," she instructed.

"Ok," I said before heading upstairs.

Boy was I not expecting that.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

Sup ma lovely kittens!!!

Well here is my new book!!!!

The cover is made by timothyjrt and this chapter is dedicated to her!!! You guys should check out thier book 'My Bestfriend, the New Guy and Me'

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter!!

Please vommet and share!!! 

Wuv you!!! ~ Fawzia <3