three

Harry: Hey xx

It has been four days since Savannah and Harry last talked. She had been waiting perpetually for him to text her first, not doing the act herself in fear of seeming too clingy.

Immense relief flooded through her when she got the notification that he had texted her.

Savannah: Hey, what's up?

Harry: Well... I was wondering if you wanted to come over?

Savannah: To your apartment?

Harry: Where else?

Savannah: That'd be great! When should I come?

Harry: How about at 2?

Savannah: Sounds good, see you then x

Savannah checked the clock; 12:47. She had just over an hour to get ready. Since she'd taken a shower that morning, all she had to do was find an outfit to wear.

Searching through her closet, Savannah picked out the nicest outfit she had, but still remained casual. After retouching her makeup and brushing her hair, she was out the door and driving to Harry's apartment.

Pulling up in front of his building, she spotted Harry leaning against the outside wall, no walking stick in his hand. She got out of the car and walked up to him.

"Harry!" she greeted.

"Savannah," he grinned.

Savannah walked towards the front doors about to open them, before an arm blocked her way.

"No," he said. "I'm the guy so I'm supposed to be the one opening the door for you."

She rolled her eyes at his persistence. "Okay, okay."

He smiled triumphantly, reaching out for the door handle. His hand missed the knob by a good few inches, though, causing him to walk directly into the door.

"Damn it," he groaned in pain, rubbing his hand on his forehead. Savannah giggled, entertained by his struggle.

"Do you think this is funny?" he asked, feigning shock, clutching his hand over his heart.

"Kinda," she admitted.

He held back a smile. "I am truly offended."

She scoffed. "Whatever, let's go."

They went inside the building, immediately being greeted by a worker. "Afternoon, Harry. Do you need any help?" she asked kindly.

"No, I'll be fine, thanks." She nodded, leaving Savannah to lead him to the elevator.

Getting off at Harry's floor, he unlocked his door and opened it wide for Savannah to walk in.

"Welcome to my humble abode."

The walls were a plain white, but had added colour from various paintings hung up. The small space didn't feel cramped, having limited amounts of furniture. He had an open space layout, being able to see the kitchen and living room from the front door.

"It's nice," Savannah complimented.

Harry started to walk into the kitchen to get them both some drinks. You'd think by now Harry would be able to walk through his apartment without trouble, but that wasn't the case, as he hit his hips or toes on practically every furniture item along the way.

"Do you need some help?" Savannah asked, feeling incredibly bad for all the pain he's in.

"Nope. I got this," Harry replied, holding his hip in pain.

He took out two glasses, almost dropping them as he fumbled with the tap and filled them with water. Savannah walked over to the kitchen and lead him safely back to the living room.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" he asked.

She was hesitant and confused. "How could you watch it?"

"I have ears, Savannah, I can listen to it."

She smiled. "If you're okay with it, then sure, we can watch a movie."

"Good, but let me go to the bathroom first," he said, getting up from the couch.

He cautiously walks towards the bathroom, keeping his arms out so he won't hit anything.

Savannah took this time to scan the room. She noticed he had a lot of framed pictures littering the walls. Suddenly curious, she got up to get a closer look.

There, on the wall, were pictures of Harry as a teenager. Here she could see his natural eye colour before he became blind. A vibrant emerald green.

In the picture he was smiling widely, an arm around a strikingly similar looking girl, who could only be his sister. In another picture Harry is holding a loaf of bread, wearing a red apron. The picture sparks a faint memory of Harry telling her that he used to work in a bakery.

She jumps when a warm hand is placed on the small of her back, Harry standing beside her.

"I love your eyes," she says.

He smiles at her. "How about that movie?"

~~~

Two movies and four bowls of popcorn later, Savannah and Harry sit on the couch, cuddling. Her head rests on his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart.

"I should go," she groans, not wanting to leave at all.

Harry squeezed her tighter, not letting her be able to leave his grip. "No," he whines.

She looks up at him, kissing his chest without thinking. He freezes under her touch, but soon relaxes. They sit in a comfortable silence, enjoying each other's warmth.

"I should go," she repeats.

Harry mumbled incoherent words under his breath, finally releasing his vice-like grip. "Alright, alright."

They walk to his door, Harry successfully opening the door this time. Savannah starts to walk out.

"Savannah, wait," Harry calls.

She turns around expectantly. Harry nervously scratches the back of his neck, hesitating on doing what he wants to do so badly.

She softly laughs at his reaction. Harry reached for her face, using his thumb to find her lips. Once finding it, he leaned forward and kissed her.

Their lips moved in sync, neither of them wanting it to end. Savannah pulled away, slightly out of breath.

"Goodnight, Harry," she called, kissing his cheek before walking out the door, grinning like an idiot.