Prologue

Tell me what to do, tell me what to feel because right now I'm just numb.

You were my world, you were my everything, how could you do this to me. I would have never hurt you, I'd kill myself before I ever did that but it looks like you would rather kill me when all I ever wanted was to save you from this life.

Flashback

"Fuck!, what the fuck did I do!. Oh god no, baby can you hear me?. I'm so sorry". He repeated over and over.

Staring into the shocked eyes of the man that I love while the inside of my chest feels shattered.

What did you just do?.

When I looked down at where my hands were all I could see was blood.

I couldn't scream, I felt like I was choking on my own blood my knees gave out and so did every other muscle in me, I think he's crying, it sounds like it, it feels like it I wish I could see it, it'll probably make me cry too.

I remember the sound of machines beeping and people shouting, my body being in a numb state made the pain feel nonexistent.

I don't know how long it took but when I finally regained consciousness all the different memories that brought me to my current state replayed in my mind, it felt like a nightmare one I knew I would never forget.

" Francesca.. ". I heard from besides me, a voice filled with anguish and pain no doubt in my mind who it was though but I couldn't bring myself to feel any type of remorse towards him, only hate.

"Get out". I said without even bothering to look at him. My eyes became clouded as the tears built up along with the ache in my chest reminding me what the one person I trusted with my heart and soul did to me.

" I'm so sorry baby, please forgive me it was a mistake, you know I would never hurt you-".

"But you did and in the worst way possible, how could you think for a second that I would ever betray you?"

"I was being a fucking asshole, everything just got to me and I'm so sorry I took it out on you but please-". I cut him off again.

" Please what forgive you?, your asking me to forgive you?, I could never forgive you for this. Not as long as this nightmare keeps replaying in my head, I'm scared just sitting in the same room with you, I want you to leave right now".

He came over to the bed and tried to take my hand in his but I pulled away and for the first time we actually made eye contact and he had tears on his face and I fought the urge to reach out and wipe them away.

"Please don't do this to me, you can't leave me I love you to much baby".

" Vinny stop, just stop". I said as I let my tears loose." I thought I knew you!, I was so wrong, but not anymore-". I took my ring off and threw it at him."Not anymore Vinny, I want a divorce and I want you out of my life for good".

He ran his hand over his face as more tears ran down his face falling on go the white bedsheets.

"Francesca I can't picture my life without you, I know I hurt you but please just give me a chance to fix this to fix us please". He pleaded.

"Exactly you hurt me, Me! The person who've been by your side through everything-". I sobbed uncontrollably.

" Then stay by my side through this don't leave me, please baby".

I shook my head. "Get out, we'll make some arrangement for the sake of the baby but that's it".

**************************************

" How do you feel?". My father asked as he always does everytime he came over.

"Dad I told you I'm fine, I really am". I lied, no one's ever really fine no matter how many days or nights passed by.

" If you need anything don't hesitate to call me, what time did you say he's bringing my grandchild over?".

I checked the time on my phone.

"He's suppose to be back by now".

" I don't like the idea of him going over there must be another way he can see Orlando don't those phones have picture messaging or something".

I rolled my eyes at him. "Dad I have to let him spend time with him we're not divorced yet, he never signs the papers which is so freaking annoying!". I said a bit furiously.

" Don't worry, I'll take care of that. You should really consider moving to the U.S Francesca as long as your here in italy he'll always have this hold over you dear".

He's right, even though I don't see him I know he's around. Whenever he has to get the baby Marko usually comes over and picks him up and drops him off.

I rather it like that, even the mention of his name makes my chest ache and you could add that to the recurring dream every night of the incident which has me waking at one in the morning crying my eyes out.

I wonder what's it like for him?, I mean I'm not there to 'nag' him anymore so he's probably been at the strip club blowing his steam off, or he could be at home thinking about it.

I think the only problem with now is how am I getting him to sign the divorce papers and going to the cops is not even and option they'll just turn me away once they see my last name. Guess I'll wait and see what dad has planned.

I think I'll do it, I'll move to the U.S.

I couldn't help myself I just had to write this otherwise the scenes from the story will be in my head all day and night and I'll never get my schoolwork done. So tell me what you think, the stories just begun.tashyyyyys can't leave you hanging