Chapter Thirteen

Hannah's POV:

"Joshua wait!" He ignored my plea and carried on walking.
He is so STUBBORN! and hot and stubborn. Ugh!
What was that all about? He seems to confuse me more by the minute.
I let out a startled gasp when a realisation dawned upon me.

Does he think Ashton and I together?
I should clear his misunderstandings. I took a step forward and stopped. Why should I make things clear? I don't have to explain anything to him. He'll figure it out sooner or later.

"Mom? Who was that? " Oliver asked breaking me out of my thoughts.
I looked down into his big blue eyes starring up at me. "Just a friend." I smiled.

I looked back up to see Joshua getting into his car, furiously banging his car door and driving away at a ridiculously high speed. I raised my eyebrow "Someone needs anger management classes."

"I know! It reminds me of the time when Aunt Jen got angry at me for calling her aunt! Oliver laughed beside me.
I frowned. Only Oliver would make joke out of a situation like this.

I sighed and and picked up Olly "And she'll get even angrier if we're not back in time before dinner."

"Well I sure am hungry. I could eat a whole cow!" He smiled lazily.

"How was your day?" Jen asked while dishing out a spoonful of salad onto her plate.
"As fun as it can get chasing an energetic four year old who never seems to get tired." I replied and took a sip of my drink.
"That's not fair! What did I tell you guys about having fun without me!" Jen pouted.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Oliver. "You're so weird." I said frowning at Oliver who ignored me and continued to smell the food on his plate.
"He definitely gets that from Ashton." Jen replied frowning.
"Oi Olly, less smelling more eating." Jen said snapping her fingers at him.

"I am so hungry, I cannot even eat." Oliver simply replied and continued to smell the food.

Jen and I exchanged confused glances "Yes, he definitely gets it from Ashton." I agreed.

I cleared my throat and Jen looked up at me expectantly. "I need to tell you something."
"Ummhh' was her intelligible reply as she shoved pasta into her mouth.
"I met Ashton last week..." I stopped and looked at her.
"Ummh" she replied more intensely and her eyes were wide.
"He's getting married..."
"Uumhh " she swallowed her food and looked at me for a moment. "When were you going to tell me this?" She asked softly.
"I wasn't going to tell you, but I can't keep this from you. He asked for forgiveness and wants me to be a part of his life, a part of his wedding."

"That bas.." she stopped when she saw Oliver starring at her wide-eyed. She took a sip of her water and looked at me sympathetically "I'm so sorry Han. He's an idiot and doesn't deserve you. If you want to be a part of his wedding , go ahead I won't stop you, but just know that I'm here for you."

I smiled trying to mask my shock. I didn't expect this and then I smiled again happy for Jen being in my life.
"But, there's a problem. I think that Joshua thinks that Ashton and I are getting married." I let out in one breath.

"What? How could that possibly be?"

I told her the whole incident at the cake shop and at the park. Jen's eyes grew wider and so did her smile. This was not good. "He thinks you're Ashton's future bride?" She finally said. "Oh, this is perfect!" She clapped her hands in glee.
I could literally see her hatching an evil plan in her head.

"Jen..." I said slowly. " What are you thinking?"
She smiled cunningly "See we don't clear his misunderstandings, we lead him to believe that you are actually getting married to Ashton and he'll soon realise his undying love for you and like the perfect knight in shining armour he'll come and profess his love to you."

I stared at her speechless. Undying love? Knight in shining armour? What is she even saying? "Are you crazy?" I finally spat out.

"It's perfect Han!"

"And so is this food." Oliver said from beside me. He still hadn't taken a bite.

"Oh my god! I am surrounded by crazy people!"