Chapter 6

"Mom. Tell me a story." I encouraged.

"Er- okay. About what?" We sat down on the couch.

"About you, when you were human?" I suggested. It was hard to imagine my mother has a human; I'd known her as a vampire my whole life. She didn't have many photo of her either...

She giggled. "Alright then." She squinted into space, trying to remember a story. Then her face brightened up.

"Okay. Well you know that meadow that you and Jacob always play baseball in?" She began.

"Yeah. It's you and dad's 'special spot'... right?"

"Yup. That's where we had our...more intimate moments."

I cringed. "Oh mum, please don't get graphic."

She laughed, "Oh no Ness...nothing like that. But it was definitly one of our favourite places to be together, alone. Anyways, the first time he took me there, it was so beautiful. Almost exactly like it is now. More importantly, that was where he showed me his sparkly skin for the first time. Oh, Renesmee... it was the most spectacular thing I'd ever laid my eyes on. My human memory is a lot dimmer, but I strongly remember my feelings then. I was so fascinated... it's so smooth and diamond-like...." She trailed off, lost in her memories.

I smiled. I remember the first time I'd seen my mom and dad's skin sparkle. It was amazing, no doubt. But now it's kind of become... normal.

She picked up again, "That was also the first time he ran with me on his back. Of course I'm used to the fast running by now; as I'm a vampire too. But as a human, riding on his back... it was so exhilarating! I think I enjoyed it, although I almost got sick afterwards." She smirked. "And then he kissed me for the first time...."

"My kissing expertise had made her drunk-like." My father chuckled as he walked into the TV room.

My mom gazed up at her husband with love. "He wouldn't let me drive!" She smiled.

I bit my lip and looked down as my father bent down to kiss my mom passionately. They were so cute... but I found it awkward to watch people kiss - especially my parents.

When they were finished, I looked up at my mom. "Thanks mom. That's a nice story."

"No problem, Ness. It was fun to share it." She chirrped.

I stood up, wanting to give them two some privacy. I rushed towards the door, as I heard someone walking up the driveway.

I opened the door before Jake could bang on it. We smiled at each other for an immeasurable moment.

"Hi." He finally breathed.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Oh, the usual." He winked. "I've been...thinking of you."

I blushed and bit my lip. "Er- me too."

He chuckled. "Let's go." He grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door.

"Where are we going?" I stumbled behind him.

"I have no fricken idea." He declared. "Where do you want to go?"

I thought for a moment. We have been doing a lot of the same stuff lately; baseball...beach....walks.... I wanted to do something different. Something definitely changed last night when we...kissed.

"Let's explore."

"Sounds great." Jacob barked.

We hopped into his convertible, and took off - not knowing where we were going. We just drove down the highway with the wind in our hair. Jacob liked to leave his dark hair about shoulder length - and I liked it too. It was.... sexy. And my hair went quite long and wavy down my back, a golden brown colour.

For the first couple minutes we just rode in silence, looking at the scenery flashing past us. Jacob drove fast, but I was used to it. I drove quite swiftly as well, and so did the rest of my family.

"Did you have a good birthday?" Jacob asked interestedly.

"Very much so..." I murmured.

He then turned into an exit, and pulled into a parking lot for which looked like a picnic area. He stopped the engine and turned to me.

"How so?" He questioned. He was looking at me so intensely - I instantly felt nervous.

"Er- well you know..." I stammered. "I got some nice gifts... and it was nice to see my family and friends..."

"Yeah..." he prodded.

"And umm.. ya know, when you .. er-"

He then scooted closer and cut off my sentence by putting his mouth over mine, kissing me softly. I kissed him back strongly, my hands reaching over and grabbing his shoulders; pulling him closer. We were locked together, kissing passionately until we both had to push away; I just couldn't breathe.

I placed my hand on his face. I wish we could do that forever, I thought embarassedly. I blushed. At least I didn't have to say it aloud.

He chuckled and nodded in agreement, still catching his breath. I sat back in the leather seat, content. This was definitely what I wanted. Me and Jacob.

I swiftly got out of the car, and started walking down the path. We were in a little park, with picnic tables and a playground. It was so pretty - big colourful trees and the sound of birds chirpping. Jacob jogged up beside me and we walked for a while around the park, hand-in-hand.

Suddenly, Jakes phone rang. He grabbed it out of his pocket and answered, "Hello?... Oh hey Quil!"

They talked for a while, I only caught a couple things - I wasn't really paying much attention. I was daydreaming about our kiss. It sounded as though they were planning something.

After 2 minutes, he hung up and looked down at me. "Quil and Claire want to go out for dinner and a movie tomorrow!" He passed on.

"That sounds great, Jake! What movie?"

"Well, they were thinking of seeing 'Midnight in Paris'... you know, a romantic-comedy?" He winked.

I blushed, "yea, okay. It's a date."

"It most certainly is." He grinned.