Chapter 18

Each day was getting colder eventually snowflakes would fall. This place wasn't the best to where it would be sunny all the time but at least we would have trees to protect us from the bulk of the icy wind.

The foals fur was getting fluffy like the rest of us have. They started complain of the cold never stoping. They would play and keep falling into the snow and the mother run to her baby and pull it away from the group till it could escape her.

Winter was slowly ticking by with each day but I knew it had just began. I heard greeting neighs from a distance. My foal still stays by my side rarely leaving me to play. She plodded behind me like a newborn foal. I got closer to the greetings of horses slowing so I wouldn't be caught spying on them.

It was a small herd none of them at foals making it a strong one with no issue of defending themselves.

They plodded around shaking the snow off of there coats. One the stallion stood head not bothering looking already swiveling his ears. How could he not tell there was a herd near by. Then I remembered I was a shifter I had better hearing than a normal horse. My foal accidentally shifted and took a step over onto a stick snapping it. The stallion looked our direction and I pushed my filly back starting to turn and run. My foal followed closely behind but I heard a third set of steps.

He was coming behind us, I kept bugging my little foal forward trying to make it faster but she was slowly g tired already. The stallion was behind us I felt his huffs on my hind corders. I started to feel nips on my flank making me kick out at him loosing time and speed. He started to race beside me pulling forward.

He suddenly went in from on me making me tumble into him falling with him till I was rolled on the back and him on top of me.