Time Heals Most Wounds

It had been two days.

Two whole days since we've seen Derek. After the whole attack, he left. He didn't say where he was going, when and if he was coming back. Right now, I was worried. Derek shouldn't be alone, blaming and hating himself for what happened to Boyd. It wasn't his fault, it was the Alphas. They were the ones who forced him to kill Boyd.

I wanted to go find him myself, bring him back home but honestly... We were all still a little rattled so it wouldn't be right to leave everyone here while I went to look for Derek. Besides, Cora was still here and Derek would want me to watch her since Peter is the only one here. He would want me to make sure that Peter didn't hurt her or manipulate her like he's prone to do. We didn't speak much to each other, we kind of just sat together in complete and utter silence.

I kept trying to call Derek but he didn't answer. Every single phone call would go to voicemail and it didn't take me long to figure out that he had left his phone here. He left everything here. Phone, keys, wallet, jacket. He left everything here.

"Where the hell is he?" Stiles said, opening the loft door and walking straight in. I kept wondering that myself. I knew he needed time but he didn't have to be going through this alone. Stiles stood there, waiting for an answer but we didn't have one. None of us did. We didn't know where Derek was.

"waiting, hiding.." Cora spoke slowly as she stared out the window. "That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us..Hide and heal."

Stiles just shook his head. "Okay, so is two days standard then?Or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?"

Cora turned away from the window and looked at Stiles. "Why do you care?"

"Cora..don-" I tried defusing the situation before it escalated but I was cut off by Stiles, who didn't like Cora's attitude towards him.

"Why do I care? Let's see, because over the last few weeks, my best friend and girl I'm in love with tried to kill themselves, his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed, a girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed, Boyd was killed by Alphas. You want me to keep going? Cause I can, all right? For like hours!" Stiles had reached his limit. After everything that has happened, Cora being the way she was and her attitude was not helping. I couldn't help but feel my heart skip a beat when he mentioned me as 'the girl he's in love with'. I mean all things considering.

"Do you think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora asked him, trying to step towards him but I stepped in between them, making sure she didn't go anywhere near him.

"Well since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it." Stiles paced back and forth.